Passengers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Epictrainz9466, Apr 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Epictrainz9466

Epictrainz9466 New Member

I would like dovetail to fix the passenger issues in this game. It's strange entering stations that are empty. Espically on the LIRR which is supposed to be the busiest line in nort america. London Paddition's platforms are empty. Penn Station is empty which it shouldn't be. The game has been out for a while and I hope it's addressed finally. They just seem to rather release new routes instead of fixing the core problems of this game.

• Like Like x 5
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see major improvements to the passengers in this game. I wonder why they haven't really addressed that issue.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I agree they should fixed the passenger density in the game

• Like Like x 3
  4. tallboy7648

It's about time they did. World Of Subways 4 have passengers nailed perfectly. I personally don't care about character models

• Like Like x 1
  5. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

At a station the other day and passengers were dropping onto the platform.....out of the open air!! "Beam them down, Scotty":D:D

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

I was doing the long island railroad Belmont park branch, and their were 7 passengers on the tracks out of nowhere. Luckily I was on the express track lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I asked Matt about this on today's TS Fife Circle Line livestream, if this issue was on DTGs radar, and he answered:

"It's a combination of that (the graphic quality of the passengers) and the path-finding logic that they use. At the moment they end up just blindly bumping into each other and it just looks really bad with lots of passengers"

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. tallboy7648

I think that can easily fixed. World Of Subways 4 has perfect passengers

• Like Like x 2
  9. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

Completely agree with what's been said here. I'd really like to see if they can find a way to prevent passengers from standing within the vestibule especially on the Long Island Rail Road Route. When I decide to leave the cab, passengers prevent further movement throughout the car.

The passenger AI is nearly perfect within WoS4, the only issue I have with them would be the amount constantly ramming onto the side of the car with continuous walking cycles without entering at all.

Primarily, I'd like DTG to eliminate this issue with restricted exploration in TSW.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I agree once they be able to fix the passenger density for the pc they should also fix the passenger density for the console versions of the game

• Like Like x 3
  11. grumypop51

And then of course, you have that one guy who stands menacingly in front of the cabin door. Scares me! I keep thinking he's going to mug me! Talk about realism!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I do agree the people on platforms can do really strange things. But take some time and enjoy the trains which is the main focus of the game not necessarily the NPCs. But seeing them do these strange things does take away from realism.

• Like Like x 1
  13. grumypop51

Just this morning, driving a consist of coke back from Redcar (Tees Valley), passing a station where a class 101 is stopped and the passengers are jumping out of the train onto the tracks in front of me! Didn't hit anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  14. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

If DTG was able to prevent passenger AI from blocking aisles and grant further movement without any clutter, it would be an interesting sight to see if there's any way to allow passenger interactions. Possibly a way to play the role of a conductor, collect tickets and even allow simple questions from the passengers occasionally.

Hopefully, the stations with little to no population would see an increase soon. Jamaica on the LIRR should be one of them.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

That is 100% true, Jamaica is a huge terminal and a major transfer hub for the LIRR and NYCT it should be way more crowded. However with regards to FPS this could cause lag and slow the game down.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

Being that FPS is a factor, they could implement an option similar to WoS4, as you're able to choose how many passengers are present along platforms rather than it being forced upon the player to go with such a small population.

• Like Like x 1
  17. grumypop51

I talk to my passengers when have the time to wander through the carriages. They don't talk back to me, but I'm used to taciturn humans anyway. More realism. ;):D

• Like Like x 3
  18. matthewhedley

matthewhedley New Member

I think this would be an amazing addition as currently everywhere feels abandoned

• Like Like x 2