PlayStation Mastery Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TChauvet, Mar 11, 2020.

1. TChauvet

TChauvet New Member

Good Afternoon All,

I was wondering if anyone got mastery working for the LIRR because I have been playing the Pennisula Corridor for a while and it's reflected on the Stats Section of Mastery sometimes but it's not tracking anything after I do one or two services on the LIRR.

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Nope.

I've completed 72 services, covered over 1,300 miles and am on level 23. Mastery has credited me for five services, back at the start when it tracked for a bit. Still a long way to go before I Master that to level 1. :|

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Mastery is and remains a crapshoot. DTG should just pull the whole thing from the game. They could make couple the current mastery rewards to reaching a certain xp level.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TChauvet

TChauvet New Member

After talking with DTL Support in terms of LIRR tracking in Mastery, I'm still having problems with Mastery tracking my progress with LIRR.
    Here is some of the dialogue;

Posted on: 24 March 2020 01:23 PM
    Hello Terence,

We've not had any similar reports in the last week so the issue appears limited to your account/device so please try backing up your progress to the PSN cloud and then deleting it off your system.

Once restored you may find data is now able to sync.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

Posted on: 17 April 2020 11:28 PM
    Hello,

The game is still not tracking my progress on the LIRR after I done the following;

1. Logged out DTL in the game. (Just in Case)
    2. Moved all of the TSW 2020 Game Saves to PlayStation Plus Drive.
    2. Deleted the saves from the PS4 Drive
    3. Restarted the PS4
    4. Restore TSW 2020 saves from PS+ Drive to PS4 Drive
    5. Started the game and logged in to DTL
    6. Did a LIRR Service and it still doesn't track anything.

Terence

Posted on: 21 April 2020 09:37 AM
    Hi Terence,

Please ensure to update the game to the latest revision as this should help mastery track even when low bandwidth is available.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Posted on: 04 May 2020 08:23 PM NEW
    The game is updated to the latest revision.

I played a few services on the Pennisula Corridor and it was tracked and showing in the Stats Portion of the Mastery Page online but when I play LIRR it doesn't track anything!

Posted on: 07 May 2020 08:52 AM NEW
    Hi Terence,

I've not been able to replicate your experience this end so it could be related to one of the various Internet traffic issues being faced all over the world so please try again after outside peak hours.

If the issue persists then all I can recommend is waiting until the lockdown is over and our servers, as well as others, are under less demand.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

During the past couple of weeks Mastery for NTP and LIRR has suddenly started tracking again for me.

I can only assume Dovetail have a dartboard with all our names on, they throw a dart at the board and if it hits your name they turn mastery on for you, then the next week they throw the dart again and it's someone else's turn.

• Like Like x 4
  6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Here on Xbox One all Mastery rewards work fine EXCEPT the LIRR.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

For me, this Mastery Bug is the most unusual I have experienced: https://postimg.cc/5X1BKF7t

I play on PS4 and drove there on the NTP and suddenly there was Something that said that i won a trophy on HRR, Although I don't have the HRR yet

8. Thunderer

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  9. zedgie68

zedgie68 Member

I cannot get anything to work on mastery challenges on ps4 so I give in!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. septafan

septafan Active Member

I been gave up and not worried about it till they find a solution.

11. Thunderer

So I fired up TSW today after a month or so of playing a certain Medieval Samurai simulator, and was amazed to find LIRR mastery is working again - did a couple of the M3 scenarios and the mileage for Level 2 is definitely tracking.

How long will it work for this time I wonder.

12. zedgie68

zedgie68 Member

Dovetail games said I had to be logged on??, to what?, the forum or the actual game itself on my console?

13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

14. zedgie68

zedgie68 Member

Where on the game? Thanks for replying.

15. Sashco

Sashco Member

Well, sounds like I had the same thing happen to me. There is a trophy on NTP for completing 50 services. I still had 6 services to complete to reach 50. I got bored with NTP and went on to play the newer trains and GWE. After cruising trains via Journeys, suddenly, I receive the silver trophy for completing 50 services on NTP, while driving a Class 166 on GWE.....

Seems there are plenty of bugs here.

And yeah, the Mastery challenges are complete bogus. I should have completed entire Tier 1 on NTP but am missing both reaching 5 levels on Class 101 (Which I think is on level 47 or something) and completing 10 services, which is at 51 now.

I've already deleted the game and saved data on disk, moved the saved data over to PS Plus Cloud, re-installed the game, re-uploaded the saved data back, just so I could finally unlock the trophy for Class 101 Intro: Mechanical Master...

Yeah...bugs...everywhere...