Downloading Dems In Usgs Will Not Load In A Zip Format.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabe20189, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

OK, this is driving me nuts. I went to USGS and followed the video tutorial they have. I went step-by-step with their video but all it is offering as a download format is a TiFF file or an imag file.
    I can not get it to offer the DEMs in a .zip form.
    One video a format for zip file but it doesn't appear on my options.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

You might try following this tutorial. It worked pretty well for me.

3. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Thank you Brickrail, I followed your suggestion and the DEMS loaded with ease. I was very pleased with how it came together.

4. Brickrail782

Glad I could help!

5. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

After I had the DEMs loaded and had my API, I went to my TS2020 and set up the downloading of the Google map. That was yesterday, I had my route building open and the multiple circles went into action so I stepped away to let it do its thing. I came back 5 hours later and it was right where I left it. I thought it might keep moving over the terrain as the maps showed up. After the 5 hours, there were no signs of any mapping. I figured it was stalled so I shut it off for the time being. The area I have been laying out is for a 147 mile line. I don't know if this is a problem.
    I tried it again this morning and after an hour there is still no sign of a google map. I am sure I am leaving something out here. Any Ideas?

6. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Here is where I'm at. I have the API Key registered and I copied it. I opened TS 2020 Then I opened the setting tab. I next clicked on tools and went to Google maps. I clicked on that. I went to the top of the page were it says " google maps AIP KEY' I had copied the key code but that box wont allow me to past it in. I'm just sitting here chomping on rolaids trying to figure out what to do next.

7. Brickrail782

I think you have to set up a billing account with Google to get an API code now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I have an API Key code account registered with Google but everytime I go to TS2020 and then into settings and tools, then Google maps. That being done, I have the area in the top that says Google maps API Key, I try to paste the Key but it doesn't allow pasting to that box. The only thing I can think of is that it I may have failed to set up Static maps or something like that.

9. Brickrail782

I'm not sure what's going on then. Sorry. :/

10. johnmi_ckel

johnmi_ckel New Member

An error that times out the Web browser can sometimes occur after clicking on a download link. You might be able to open the archive (.zip) file by refreshing your screen. In the case of an incomplete download, first clear your browser history to avoid the cache interfering with subsequent future attempts. Then use Ctrl+F5 keys to refresh the cache with new content before retrying the download link.

snaptube vidmate

11. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

In one of the above replies, Brickrail1782 said it may have to do with the billing set up. I am thinking that may be the problem because, in the process of getting a Key code, there was something about billing and I skipped past it. So I went back to that location and I signed into cloud console and I used my credit card for the trial period. I hope I was in the right location. Anyway, although it said I was activated, it is maybe taking a while to complete because I still only get the blue curcles.

As a special note, I originally tried numerous times in the past, to load the overlay map to no avail, so I tried creating a new route with a different Key code. I still didn't get in. So now I ask, if I have two routes entered at the same long. and lat. would the original Key code apply to both of the routes or does each route have it's own key?

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  12. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I will be starting a new thread restart this on a different path I know now it has to do with my settings and one problem could be in the fact that I can't copy and past my ApI key into the settings box. Also, I think there is a step in the new windows 10 security that may have to be shut off to download the map. https://steamcommunity.com/app/24010/discussions/3/1697175413689002767/?ctp=2
    Anyway. I have restarted a new post under.
    Message With My Api Key.

13. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I am up and running. Thanks to all of you who helped me out. It was a problem in my billing.

Last edited: May 16, 2020