Swr Route With The Class 158/159

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Southwest159, May 9, 2020.

1. Southwest159

Southwest159 Member

For a DLC on TSW I think you could do a class 158 and 159 From London Waterloo up to Exeter st David’s
    These are (almost) all the stations on the route:
    1 Clapham junction
    2 Woking
    3 Basingstoke
    4 Axminster
    5 Salisbury
    6 Yeovil central
    7 Yeovil junction
    8 Exeter central
    9 Exeter st David’s
    Maby for a add on you could make the route longer by making it up to Bristol temple meads

• Like Like x 1
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Where's Yeovil Central? There used to be Yeovil Town station but that's long gone.

Also I'm not sure how this would work. The western end has very long single track sections and 1 train per hour each way. It's not something I can see working out well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Based on the current 30 mile odd length of routes, you would only get from Waterloo to shortly after Woking as i have already requested, or Exeter St Davids to around Axminster.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe not as "commercial initial routes", but if you look at Train Simulator there are a lot of branch lines which have been very well done by third parties which are popular, including the Blackpool North line, Several of the Devon and Cornwall Lines etc

Personally I would like to see the Cardiff Central to Bridgend via Cardiff Airport branch, including the spur to Barry Island, but then that's where I grew up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Southwest159

Southwest159 Member

I don’t have TS but I do know there’s a class 159 Waterloo - Salisbury route

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There isn't that route in TSx. There are scenarios called that, but it uses the Portsmouth Line only as far as Woking