PlayStation Tvl Few Niggles For Me.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dale.r2, May 7, 2020.

1. dale.r2

dale.r2 New Member

It's probably just me being a bit deaf, but is the bell on the Class 37, for a 12" bell behind the driver head is quiet, and when powering under load it's inaudible. I've ended up just about hitting O every time I get to 100 yards!

Also on several journeys the speed limit is showing as 35 and in 900yds becomes 60 so having a heavy load I start accelerating only to hit the 60 speed limit (doing 35) then just after it changes to 25 in 200 yards! On more than one occasion it goes from 60 to 20 within feet almost. no chance of braking with 1500tons of steel on board. 6E10 journey is one with a quick change of speed.

How often does a car need to honk its horn? I can see its there i don't need a reminder that you put cars in the sim.

Also why does the forum capitalize every first letter of each word on the board?

There's plenty of good things in this route but.......arghhhh.
    Rant over sorry its been one of those days!

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Just a short video I found on You Tube of Thornaby Station and Tees Yard
    Would love to see the 47's and 20's appear in TVL

I think you may be deaf lol. I believe the speed signs are correct. Route knowledge is eesential on this route lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 9
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i quite agree we should have the class 47s and 20s plus the class 37 in BR blue plus the 47s and 20s in BR blue

• Like Like x 6
  4. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration about the speed limit changes. I know realists will say that that is just line knowledge and we need to learn the line to know where speed changes are, but for me that's a bridge too far. It's still a game. It's frustrating to be doing 100 km/h, see a 80 km/h limit coming up, so you slow down a tad, only to see a a 24 km/h limit popping up something like 50m after the 80 km/h.

This could be solved if DTG would adapt the hud so that not only the next speed limit change shows up, but ALL speed changes within the HUD range (+/- 4 km / 2.5 mi)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

As I see it, the limits shown refers to the "main route", i.e. if the route branches off, the limit can change very quickly!

Since the routes are programmed, it should not be difficult to display only those limits in the HUD that you can expect!

Of course, there is a lot of work that needs to be corrected afterwards and therefore very questionable whether it will be submitted with an update ...

6. dale.r2

dale.r2 New Member

Agree a few updates for upcoming speed limits (even on the map) would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dale.r2

dale.r2 New Member

Can't see a lot been done considering some of the fault such as doors need to be open on wrong side of train on main game not been sorted. A side package such as TVL is just going to get forgot about.

8. dale.r2

dale.r2 New Member

What do you know, Ask and you shall receive. You got your 20! enjoy