Nevermind.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nhill40, May 11, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nhill40

nhill40 Member

Aight, didn't realize this was a super sensitive topic. Lots of backlash. Sorry? I really don't know.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Probably because of the way the event is handled by the scripting of the loco. If it's always one way with one loco and always a different way with another loco then that would be my guess

• Like Like x 2
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And another Idiot who thinks that Derailing Trains is Fun :mad:

The game has problems with getting a Licence from people like Amtrak to use their Logos on the trains in the game
    When they see Idiots who think that crashing Passenger trains is FUN is when they take away permissions and everyone loses out.

Peter

4. nhill40

nhill40 Member

Yes, I am very stupid. As we can all tell, liking to look at derailed trains in a video game means you are a sick human who likes to derail real trains at age 11? I am not hurting people in game. Real life hurts people. Am I a sick, twisted being for liking BeamNG.drive? Google it. Great crashing physics. That means you can come to the conclusion I am sadistic and love to watch humans get injured in car crashes. No. I like looking at realistic physics. They shouldn't add derailments if it is that bad to look at- WAIT AMTRAK IS MONITORING MY EVERY MOVE!!! They can see when I crash a train in PRIVATE! Amtrak is watching us all....

• Like Like x 1
  5. nhill40

nhill40 Member

Also, I drove a ton of miles with the trains. Amtrak is angry at me because... because? They shouldn't be stalking my PC until they find a derailed train on a video game. You can't get mad at an 11 year old (me) for liking to look at a train after I derailed it. Oh, I understand. Amtrak looks bad when 11 year old train conductors derail. I am giving Amtrak's child conductors a bad image.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I think somebody needs to lay off the sugar.

DTG have handled derailments the way they do because that's how they've chosen to do it, they've no doubt discussed and decided upon the best way to represent a catastrophic event and have chosen to present a happy medium between trains being invincible and welded to the rails and representing the penalty for pushing the limits too far.

Do we need to see realistic crash physics to make the game enjoyable? No.
    Do we need a death count displayed at the end of a derailment event to make the game playable? No.
    Do we need blood, intestines, brain matter, urine, faecal matter, stomach/intestinal part digested liquids to make the game feel more realistic? No.
    Is it fine the way it is? Yes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Amtrak do look at what people post, and if you were to start posting videos of trains crashing on say YouTube, a platform which Amtrak cannot easily get content removed from, then yes their name gets tarnished. Fact of life

Did the responder above know you were 11? no.
    Does looking at things crashing make you psycho... well a bit, but that's fine so long as you don't want to do it in real life

But in the end YOU have to realise that the things you say you're into will make others think of you as someone into those things. And form a judgement.

8. nhill40

nhill40 Member

Bruh who said we needed a death count? Also who said I wanted blood, intestines, brain matter, urine, faecal matter, stomach/intestinal part digested liquids? I said I couldn't look at a pixel-y train wreck. Not "Smh, I can't see the brain matter all over the top of the coach, so lame!". I just want to see a video game derailment. With like 480P humans. Lol, also, why talk about "blood, intestines, brain matter, urine, faecal matter, stomach/intestinal part digested liquids" to an 11 year old? I stated that BEFORE you said all that. I don't have a youtube channel. I am not a terrorist at age 11. I never stated I wanted realistic crash physics either. I am fine with the trains bouncing all over. I don't care. You kinda stretched a bit there.

Did I ever state wanting extremely graphic content after derailments? No.
    Did I ever state I needed realistic crash physics to make the game enjoyable? No.
    Did I ever ask for a death count on the top? (this isn't like train wreck simulator or something if that even exists) No.
    Was it right to talk about brain matter, intestines falling out, blood, ect to an 11 year old, who already stated he was 11? No.
    Did I disrespect Amtrak? , .
    Will I grow up to be a twisted human for liking crashes (along with the other 3,961.4 players in April 2020)? No.

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I was making a point which at 11yrs of age I'm hardly surprised you missed, my point being.... At what point do you stop with the realism, a scratched panel? a cracked window? a deformed front end? or go the whole hog of the blood and guts I described?

Are you a twisted human? Of course you are! As a parent myself I can assure you all children are twisted.. :mad::cool:;) (That's Dad humour in case you missed it)

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You did, however, come onto an internet forum of rail fans and use your very first post to tell us all that you find it annoying that you can’t see the wreckage of a passenger train you had deliberately crashed. You actually said it was “really annoying“ and a “big problem”. Then you have a go at people who know better than you for telling you that is just not on.

Now go to your room and think about what you have done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

Look, I don't think you had any bad intentions or you had some sick fantasy, but one of the biggest problems that Union Pacific (I would suspect other railroads have) deals with on a daily basis is people illegally trespassing on railroad property and people riding in or on railcars. Majority of these people get into watching YouTube videos about jumping trains and then they wanna try it themselves, which in a lot of cases people die from. That's why Union Pacific partners with youtube to pull these videos, but it still happens a lot.

So, "IF" DTG was to allow that, what you're suggesting, Union Pacific would hold DTG reliable IF anything would to happen, because some nut-job seen your (using you for an example) YouTube video's, even through your video's was meant to be funny or harmless, but that would probably would result in a large lawsuit against DTG and anyone that is connected to the company in anyway. Probably closing down DTG as a result. And the railroads are a protected industry by the federal government and plus they have some powerful attorneys and backers, and they also have shipping contracts from foreign governments. That even a foreign company, like DTG wouldn't survive it. Plus it could hurt the image of the respective railroad company and also DTG.

Now, there are safety devices in place that will alert dispatchers and railroad officials and the train crew themselves of someone tampering with anything with the track. But that doesn't mean a sick individual wouldn't try something and there are sick individuals out there, or people that hate the railroads or that specific railroad so bad they would try anything to hurt them, like derailing a train.

I can tell you from personal experiences that I have had, we had several locks cut and with the switches thrown, that could have caused our train to unexpectedly go into a spur track (a track with no end) that would have resulted in a huge train derailment and probably killing countless of people. But luckily the safety devices caught it and alerted me and the engineer and the train dispatcher to it, so any case. I don't want that to happen more then it should and hopefully one day that would be completely eliminated. Working on the railroad is already dangerous as it is already, I really don't want it to be more dangerous. Because some crazy person got their enjoyment watching trains derail on a video game I love my wife and my children to much for that to happen.

So you see, yes it's a game and Amtrak isn't probably watching you or anything. But there are sick twisted people out there that could see a harmless video on YouTube or playing a train simulator themselves with realistic train derailments in a train simulator and then they would wanna try it for real. Causing real death and destruction.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

A reminder, an engineer from the Pacific Harbor Line just recently attempted to ram a hospital ship with a locomotive in Long Beach, definitely not harmless stuff.
    train-derailment-port-of-la-03312020.jpg
    TDB-L-TRAIN-0402-1.jpg

13. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Where crashes are an expected part of the simulated environment (e.g. combat flight simulators, banger racing or crash testing) then it seems ok - even necessary - to model them. While train wrecks do occur nobody wants them or expects them, so it seems a bit mawkish to simulate them. Yes, the physics that determine whether a train leaves the track should be there, so if you drive badly you experience the consequences, but the soft body modelling necessary to do the accurate deformation and destruction can be left out. It's also hideously expensive in programming time and processor power to do accurately.