Running Ts2020 In 64-bit And Still Crashing Due To Memory

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by freddyhughes2018, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. freddyhughes2018

freddyhughes2018 New Member

Does anyone know how to fix:

Saved log too...

C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\RailWorks\TempDump\

Exception Code: 0x0000005
    Exception Info: OUT OF MEMORY

I have tried running in 32/64 bit but wondered if there is a way to increase the memory?? ts2020 error.JPG

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the memory you have and everything to do with the program erroring and trying to address a piece of memory that doesn't exist (possibly on any machine, anywhere), or most certainly one it's not allowed to.
    Only solution I've found in SOME cases (not all) is to reboot train sim and start again, but some things do just crash

3. freddyhughes2018

freddyhughes2018 New Member

Yeah i did this a few weeks ago it fixed it for a day or so and then started with the error again

4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I was advised by DTG that the problem I had opening the scenario I made was due to memory as I have "only" got 8gb. I have ordered another 8gb so will see if that makes a difference.

5. ARuscoe

I have dual monitors and have run task manager and resource monitor during crashes when my machine was using about 3.5Gb and it still came up with out of memory, so DTG aren't correct on that one I'm afraid

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is the route you are running - if it needs a lot of assets than it can crash
    In the Settings see if Adaptive Bloom is on and turn it off and turn off Ambient Occlusion

If that does not help try lowering your Graphics settings

Peter

7. theorganist

Thanks for your reply.

It is on Riviera in the 50's and it won't load either in the scenario editor or the drive menu, it is a scenario I made myself, quite an intensive one and I did use a lot of third party locos and rolling stock which generally take more resources. It won't load either when I turn the settings down to their lowest settings so don't know if something in the scenario has corrupted or it is too intense.

I was going to add more ram anyway, if it doesn't make any different then I will just have to assume it is a fault with the scenario. The route loads fine with other scenarios.

8. theorganist

I did wonder as I am sure when I looked I was only using about 80% of the memory, I was planning to add more so this just made me do it sooner than I intended.

9. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

There is no guarantee that this will solve anything. I have 32 GB of memory and get this once in a while. It may be due to how much is loaded your cache. Clear your cache before and after every run. This is a game issue that affects some systems some more than others.

10. theorganist

It is mainly this one scenario, I suspect it is something in this scenario which has corrupted. I hadn't encountered it before since 64 bit came out, although until a couple of months ago had rarely used TS1 since the 64 bit was released. Since it stopped loading this scenario it has now crashed a few times when using the scenario editor when making other scenarios, although they always load again after. I will try clearing the cache and see if that has an effect, thanks.

11. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Try deleting the scenario and reinstalling. Some scenarios/rolling stock do not run in 64 bit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. theorganist

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I shall try that.

13. Marc von Hoffrichter

Marc von Hoffrichter Member

Getting exactly the same here freddy. Driving me batsh!t.

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It would not make any difference if your computer had a lot more memory the game can only use so much of it

Some people seem to think if you have a lot more processing power and a bigger graphics card and a lot more memory then the game would not crash - it does not work that way.

15. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Agreed. The requirements to run Train Simulator are fairly basic, and low level. Unless you have a cheap PC that is over ten years old, or a laptop that is more than five years old, then the answer is usually going to be a problem with the Train Simulator software.

When people manufacture chipsets and RAM, or build PCs and design Operating Systems, they tend to test it all before they sell it. So those parts are likely to work.

16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The people who manufacture chipsets and RAM, or build PCs and design Operating Systems can not test every piece of software on the computer. What work on one Computer might not work on another.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plastic Pal

If you did a running count of:

1. People that had a problem with their PC, then had a broken PC item "repaired" and then suddenly TS1 worked fine; and,
    2. People that only ever had a problem with TS1, but their PC was absolutely fine for everything else.

I think you'd find more people in Group 2. Just a hunch. Finger in the wind kinda thing, and a stab in the dark guess kinda thing.*

*Disclaimer: Don't put a finger in the wind and have a stab in the dark at the same time, as this could be dangerous or hazardous to health.**

**Disclaimer 2: This sort of activity is a bit like skating on thin ice, and being on top of hot water at the same time - don't do this either, as it is equally dangerous, especially if you can't swim in warm water while wearing a pair of skating boots.

18. ARuscoe

Only caveat to this is that TSx is written on a really old engine not optimised for multi core architecture, and a lot of the throttling that people have is caused by having slower single core clocks than there used to be
    And the serious amounts of software glitches of course

19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And that people download Scenarios/Routes off the Workshop and expect them to work perfectly

But it is DTGs fault if they don't - from most people posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. theorganist

Well I certainly don't hold that view.

There are some people that would blame DTG for famine in Africa and the Coronavirus!

21. Plastic Pal

Nobody knows for sure what the source of the coronavirus is. For all we know, it might have been created using the Editor in Train Simulator - so you can't rule that out as a possibility - not quite yet. Given the number of people that have lost their sense of signalling - a key coronavirus symptom - it is looking possible that Train Simulator is the culprit.

But obviously, you are right - the famine in Africa in the 1980s pre-dates Train Simulator. Those famines were caused by "A-Train".

22. Plastic Pal

I expect all of the default Official scenarios to always work perfectly, whatever someone else has done with an edited scenario/route. I don't expect these to somehow get infected by other add-ons, workshop content, or mods. I personally don't run mods (like AP enhancements, etc.) - all of my content is original DLC, as originally published. I expect that all to work.

The Official scenarios in both South London Network and WCML Over Shap are all broken.

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And you know why

24. Plastic Pal

No. No I don't know why. If I knew why, then I would fix it. Do you know why...?

25. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Because they use a Signal pack which does not seem to be working at the moment