PlayStation Mouse And Keyboard On The Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Got a Logitech K400r keyboard and M185 mouse on the PS4. The keyboard works, although not shown in the PS4-menu. The mouse does not work - although the PS4 shows when it is plugged in and unplugged. Does TSW support the mouse at all? Tried it with hub and separately. Can somebody say something about this?

Unfortunately, not all keyboard commands and shortcuts are specified in the manuals, does anyone have an overview ready to print out? I had read that a brake button is missing. Affects that all keyboard layouts or only certain, e.g. DE (ger)?

Specifically, I want to be able to better control certain game controls such as AFB, PZB, etc., evt. also together with the controller. Or can you switch the BR-101 (manual gear) via keyboard? It is also interesting to be able to hide on-screen elements with screenshots and videos.

Can you tell me more about it, or do you use keyboard and mouse and what exactly?

Thank you guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is no support for mouse on PS4 and a keyboard, although not officially supported, does work for some of the key commands used on the PC. Someone may have a full list of what the keyboard commands are and which ones work on PS4 but I’ve not seen one posted on the forums. It would certainly be very helpful.

I’m fairly certain the PZB and AFB keyboard commands are listed in the manuals. Don’t know if they work on PS4 though as I don’t use them. I only use the keyboard for changing camera views, HUD elements and sometimes for switching the safety systems on at the start of journeys. Everything that can be done from the controller during driving, I use the controller, except changing the view, so I don’t need to go into the sub-menus on screen.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Everything from pc version barring dynamic brake wirks on keyboard for console.
    Q for sifa the 3 buttons re pzb are delete, end and page down. Cant remember which one does what.

4. johnmi_ckel

johnmi_ckel New Member

So basically ive been playing Fortnite for a few months now on this wooden laptop. It runs the game but barely and its barely holding on. I thought of getting a gaming pc or a newer laptop but I figured it would cost a lot so im considering in getting a ps4 instead since itll be much cheaper. I heard that I could play Fortnite with a m/kb but I heard there were some issues? I wasnt sure if the issues have been solved cuz those reviews were ages ago.

Im just curious if I could have the same gaming experience as I did with my laptop by buying an extra keyboard and mouse for the ps4 cuz im more used to that rather than a controller. Im only considering this cuz its cheaper for me plus I have other games I want to play on the ps4 anyways its just Fortnites the one im used to with m/kb.

Whats the difference with console m/kb and pc gaming and is it worth getting the ps4 with external keyboard and mouse? Since its much cheaper for me (Keep in mind I played Fortnite on my laptop on the lowest settings at like barely Kodi nox 60fps)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

To be honest, the one and only thing I my keyboard for when doing TSW on my PS4 is to quickly jump to back cab of the train to set up lights. You can jump cabs with Ctrl and the - key. That's also the only keyboard command I know :)
    Does anyone know the keycommand for AFB higher and lower? That's the only other function I miss on my controller.

6. Railmaster

This and PZB would be desirable! Unfortunately, this cannot be assigned to a shortcut. It would be nice if DTG would provide an improved key assignment so that you can assign these and other controls!

A KB is still a good idea, because you have so easy access to various switches, such as cabin lights, instrument lighting, driving lights, doors, sanders, chime, HUD show / hide and various views. Seen quite comfortably but the really important thing is missing ...

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

This is from the 155 but I think it's common between the various German traction.
    Screenshot_2020-05-12-11-03-26-454.jpeg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Railmaster

Oh, I didn't know about AFB yet ... Thanx:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info PjM.
    And I'm totally suprised, because I thought the 155 didn't have AFB :o

• Like Like x 1
  10. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Oh well that's an extra benefit then. ;)

Here's a link to where many of the manuals can be found. Might be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Railmaster

I've now created a keyboard layout to better use the keyboard. Offers some and above all useful advantages that are only denied with a controller. However, it cannot replace the controller, it is a very useful addition.

Note that it is based on the detailed layout, for the white keys I did not find any function (yet). But haven't tried all the locomotives yet. Hope it is understandable so far and look forward to suggestions / improvement.

So it is very helpful to quickly switch between the different interior views when mna is looking for a switch. AFB, PZB and Sifa are also much easier to use. Or switching the various screen displays.

The biggest drawback is that there is no button for independent brake release! Can't be so difficult that DTG will add this in an update!

Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-05-15 16-10-46.png