Uk Headlights

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Peter ATW, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Peter ATW

Peter ATW New Member

Hi there,

I Don't think I Am the only one thinking this but if your trying to drive at night with the CSX Trains the headlights are great you can see stuff but when you try to drive GWE At night time it is impossible to see anything ahead could DTG's please please please fix this !!

Second on the HST (High Speed Train) The dash lights are great the speedo works great but looking at the other diels there great apart from the needles to show power breaking ect there just black you can not see how much you are breaking or anything unless you put the cab light on could these matters please be fixed as a matter of great urgency as it is just not bearable to drive the Great Western Express at night time till these problems are fixed....

Thanks and Regards,
    Pete.

2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

TRain lights don't give light in the track in these parts of the world..
    Look at the video from a real train driver in Holland

3. Flankhard

Flankhard New Member

Nice video. However, all the signs light up and is clearly visible to the driver - in GWE I can't spot a single signpost.

4. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Yes i have that problem to.. i blame it on that motion blur but it could be the lighting.

5. Rogge

Rogge Member

Mind you that the dynamic range of a video camera is more or less very limited and is not comparable to the real world when it comes to seeing light/light reflections in the dark. Every videographer fights with this. :)

6. BailsBach

BailsBach New Member

The lights definitely work as they're visible in the exterior views, it's obviously some sort of visual filter or bug with the windows on the train; possibly applied to give a better look and tint to the glass;
    if so, DTG have forgotten to permit the headlight light source to pass through...
    simple fix I would presume?