Euro Fishing Carp Carp Dum De Dum Oooh Yet Another Carp. . .

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by CH40S23, Sep 22, 2017.

1. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Todays 30min tournament at the observatory. . . 2 legers size 12 hook (smallest offered without a float) -plus 18 float as third rod ( a mostly pointless tool compared to how it used to be), 4lb line, bait - 3 dif coloured maggots and a caster. . . what do you expect to catch ? ? ? ? . . in my mind. . .roach, tench, bream possibly the odd small carp. . . but what do you mostly catch ? ? ? ? can you guess, its seems that set up catches you more carp between 6n12lb than all the other species combined. . . realistic ? ? ? . . . . I need say no more. . . . .

2. tracko644

tracko644 Member

I feel your pain. It's the same on PS4! I also do the live tournaments & it gets so annoying when you use the lightest tackle available, 12 hooks 3lb line with bread punch & pinkies, & 90% of the fish you catch are carp. I understand that carp will take smaller baits but the ratio is ridiculous, also with other tournaments, how do you differentiate between mirror & common carp with regards to bait & tackle? You can't, so it's purely down to luck.

3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

If you use gear similar to that in the default tacklebox you should have some luck in catching the smaller species of fish.

Can you please try to keep the names of your threads a bit more family friendly.

4. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Not meant to be offensive more humorous. . . apologies if it was. now changed. . .would be better if could use baits relevant to specific fish. . .prior to recent updates could target n catch almost specifically roach using castor or change to maggot n add tench n bream to the haul. . . with maybe one or 2 carp mixed in on the observatory often none on other lakes. . . real shame to have lost that. . . .

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. tracko644

tracko644 Member

DTGStephen. Tried just about every type of setup, including default tackle box, but it makes no difference I'm afraid, If I was catching small amounts of fish I'd understand but when you're catching 15 to 20 carp in a row on the lightest tackle available then it gets a bit monotonous not to mention frustrating

6. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Seems to be a fair cop. Carp do tend to dominate most of the venues here. Still makes a change from bream which tend to account for a large part of my RL hauls.

Can someone on the development side please have a look at tackle set ups for course fishing. Since the last patch all I seem to catch on hook sizes below 14 are tiny tench and roach. On top of that these are only available on a float rig that's set so shallow that it only ever would catch small fish on most lakes. Pinkies, casters, breadpunch etc don't really belong on a size 12 hook tiny baits like that are usually used on a size 16 hook at most. To give a comparison that helps visualise just how big these hooks are most lures come fitted with size 10 or 12 hooks. I used to use size 10's with a chunk of cheese or spam to go barbel chasing on the Thames. Pinkies on a 12 would be dwarfed by the hook, so would all the other small baits.

7. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

"barbell chasing"...that has to be catfish, right?

8. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

No that's RL and Barbel. A species not found in amongst the carp here.

9. Derrick Miller

Derrick Miller Active Member

I will have to look that up...sounds interesting...