Lirr Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matthew.lee.02, May 13, 2020.

1. matthew.lee.02

matthew.lee.02 Member

A few things:
    1. In the real world, on the LIRR sector of the route (as opposed to the Amtrak controlled section), all line speed changes are posted with diamond shaped yellow signs. Same deal with whistle boards and level crossings. Would absolutely LOVE to see that implemented.
    2. Service AI horn blowing at level crossings, tunnel entrances/exits.
    3. I've heard that during the development of the Class 377 and the East Coastway DLC. a dot matrix system was created. I would love that system to be used in the passenger notice boards on the side of the M7 trains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

I definitely agree with the message boards located on the side and interior of the M7. To go along with that, an interactive LCD screen would be a nice touch as well.

Certainly, I must say DTG should find a way to prevent the opening of doors not located on the platform. For example, if I have a 10 car train stopping at Kew Gardens, obviously in a real situation you'd have a conductor located inside a cab closest to the end of the platform. While in-game the doors open regardless if they're on or off the platform.

Forest Hills station recently received an extension, so adding that into the game would be much better too.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion for DTG. An invisible wall could be made at the ends of all stations that could stop the doors from opening.
    Or you can manually control the doors at Kew Gardens for example. This does seem far-fetched however.

4. GMB248

GMB248 New Member

I'm confused about what you mean by an invisible wall at the end of a platform.

One thing they could implement would be utilizing the door zone switch located in the cab. Which would automatically cut off at the car closest to the end of the platform to prevent the rest in the rear from opening as a player decides to open the doors.

5. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Sorry lad it was a ridiculus idea. Yes your correct DTG should implement that. I'm not sure if the M3 will have that option.

6. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

I don't think that was ridiculous. I'm assuming you meant a wall not visible to players but something the game would pick up - defining that as the end of the platform. Doors beyond this invisible wall wouldn't open.