Ts20: Join The Battle!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 14, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Now available, Train Simulator’s “The Battle for Sherman Hill” is the ultimate railroading experience on Union Pacific’s legendary Sherman Hill!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

From looking at the Steam page, this is pretty much a scenario pack for Sherman Hill, but with the option to bundle the existing DLCs into 1 low price. Great for anyone who doesn't own any content in this bundle.

Though it's weird how theres 2 different bundles with the same 7 items at different prices.
    Screenshot_20200514-104753_Facebook.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

It's a REALLY good deal, but why was it hyped up so much? Unless you don't already have Sherman Hill this is not that interesting. At first I thought they were revamping the route, that would've been cool.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

Welp, I can't play some of the scenarios, because I don't have the TS Rewards Insulated Boxcar. I've tried and tried to tell that to DTG, but couldn't get much help from them. What now?

5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Oh dear. That's a big problem. Unless you already did, sending them a support email might help.

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So the good news is that if you already own everything else, you still get a discount on the scenarios, Normal price USD is $9.99, but will only cost you $3.50 in the bundle.

7. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Daniel,

Appreciate it's frustrating but I have been advised of this issue and I'm looking into a possible solution that I could use your help with - if you're willing.

This issue only affects players who purchased Sherman Hill before 2016 because the boxcar was added to Sherman Hill for all purchases after that. Unfortunately, this was the result of a limitation of Steam at that time and meant we couldn't simply gift the boxcar to everyone that owned any version of Sherman Hill. Problem is that Steam now also prohibits you activating a product key for Sherman Hill because technically you already own it.

If you could PM me with your Customer Support ticket number, or put in a new ticket with "For attention of Steve" in the ticket somewhere - I have a couple of things we can try to see if we can work around it. However, it might need some intervention from Valve to sort it out once and for all.

If anyone else is finding this a problem, please first and foremost, put a ticket into Customer Support.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 3
  8. Daniel Gibbs

Daniel Gibbs Active Member

I happened to already email a ticket to DTG Support yesterday. Now, for me to Private Message you, should I message you by email, Messenger, etc? I couldn't find you on DTG Support. Thanks!

9. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Daniel,

To start a PM with a member on this forum, you just click their name in the left and then click "Start a Conversation" - which is the same as clicking this link, then provide your details in the box.

EDIT: I've now found your ticket in Customer Support and will handle your request via this method.

Best, Steve

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  10. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

This is a perfect deal for me, as I don't have any UP stuff yet, but it is a shame they didn't fix it up or something.