PC Is This A Graphics Or Memory Issue?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tim Davis, May 15, 2020.

1. Tim Davis

Tim Davis New Member

I just started playing TSW 2020 on my HP Elitebook 8750P
    Core I7 Processor with 8GB of RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 4000.
    I started a NorthEast Corridore scenario and the the windows in the cab all seem to be frosted over like you cant see in or out of them. I can open the side windows and see out them but if the windows are closed I cannot see through them looks like a privacy film like in a bathroom is over the glass. Is this a graphics or memory issue and is there a setting that i can change to help with this issue until I can start playing on a more robust rig? If I open the windows I can see out and if I stick my head out the window everything looks great just can't see out the cab windows while driving. 20200514235329_1.jpg

2. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Does this happen in all weather conditions ? Looks like a shader/memeory fault.

To be honest a HD 4000 integrated solution was from memory 32MB of dedicated VRAM this is .. well not enough for just about anything, while it can offload to system memory perhaps the issues is that the Shader used on the windshield simply memory starved ?

This is why I ask if its in all weather conditions as id assume that without say rain or snow there wont be as much overhead memory wise on the in-cab view this is pure speculation based on the screenshot but its the best guess I have.

There may be a bios option to increase the allocation of memory to the integrated graphics options but i am honestly not that familiar with what intel offers control wise for the HD4000.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forums :)

The issue you're seeing is because your Intel HD Graphics 4000 is not suitable for Train Sim World. We recommend a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 270 as an absolute minimum. Whilst you may be able to play with the integrated graphics, it will produce results like you're seeing because of the limited VRAM available.

Most mobile PCs have the ability to define how much system RAM is used for VRAM, however, you might find your Elitebook is already set to use the maximum possible. You might try checking the CMOS to see if you have an option to increase the available VRAM but this will only compromise the software in other ways because you're effectively taking away system RAM and allocating it to graphics.

There are some other things you can try to improve rendering performance. Take a look at this superb article which will help you optimise your HD4000 graphic performance. Key thing to note is making sure you have the absolute latest driver installed from HP.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. Tim Davis

Tim Davis New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at the article. I am also looking into a RAM upgrade for this machine as well. Thanks for the feedback.