Rating Tsw Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tokatails08, May 1, 2020.

1. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

GWE: 6/10
    +: good freight and passenger services, realistic depiction of the route

-: no Heathrow trains services, too short should have been extended to didcot parkway, no branch lines

NEC: 3/10

+: the freight services were good

-: Dovetail shouldn’t have centred an express line around city meaning slower gameplay , ATC was hard to handle after leaving NY penn towards new Rochelle

Rapid transit: 5/10
    +: good metro and intercity route, new dlc with the BR 183 meant more scenarios and services for the route

-: the route does get tedious with not much variation of services, thought there’d be fast services with the new dlc especially with the Scenarios hinting at this

I’ll do more of these if you want also drop your opinions on this tread

Edit: part 2 down below

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. Trainspeeder

Trainspeeder Active Member

Yes I think this is awesome. It's excellent to hear your opinions!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

Part 2:
    WSR: 4/10
    +: good scenery, very authentic to the current line
    -: personally I don’t like the slower speeds on the route, the fact there’s no steam locomotives even though they run irl.

RSN: 7/10
    +: I like the freight services in the route, also a good mix with passenger services.
    -: could use more of the yards lying around the route, The game should have extended the line to iserlohn, Could try and connect with RRO (but would be very difficult for DTG)(related to RSN is the fact the BR143 has a bug where it can’t turn on the train lights)

LIRR: 6/10
    +: good metro route with many destinations to choose from, has got new DLC which could improve the route
    -: even though it’s set in New York some parts of the route are very quiet, doesn’t use the Long Island city station apart from the change at Jamaica scenario, could extend routes to port Washington and ronkonkoma, could try and put NEC and LIRR together (but it would be very difficult for DTG again)

Last edited: May 15, 2020