Train Sim World Discussion - Discord Server

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there already a TS Community on Discord that has focused mostly on TSW

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes, but that one is getting toxic.

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Funny how the Devs are hiding in Discord because of their main forum being toxic. And now I hear TSC is turning toxic as well, talk about irony I say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting this up!

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I got banned from TSC for criticising DTG lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

The official discord is now banning anyone who criticizes DTG.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

There are some who are not ready to get fired

• Like Like x 1
  9. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I implore all mod content creators to please mirror your links to other discords as well or websites! Not allowing those who dare present constructive criticism against products that we have paid for, access to mods from the Discord is a travesty.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

There is no official discord server. No one at DTG controls any of them.
    Constructive criticism is allowed on all.

As to why people have been removed? There is a difference between constructive criticism, venting criticism. Simply being angry and encouraging others to be angry is not constructive. This can (and did for a time) lead to a mob that generated and pushed an echo chamber of conspiracy theories. This is why the biggest TSW discord that had some DTG staff (as members that would participate) begun leaving and why there was some evictions.

A reasoned and measured approach should be always considered, as well as the consideration that there are people who are working and overworking on these products we all want to be able to enjoy.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  11. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Valid points made. However, you still have people on there, especially moderators who get all Kim Jong-Un seemingly at every opportunity that they feel warrants them dictating what and how something should be said. I mean the tiptoeing is ridiculous with that server.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  13. Anthony Pecoraro

No. That’s an anti DTG sever.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. rare_common_sense

And not as many are going to be willingly joining yours either, as it will be just as much of a dictator/censorship that TSC/TSM is, especially if you have anything to do with it.

• Like Like x 8
  15. rare_common_sense

Also, it's not really an Anti-DTG server, it is more of a server where people are allowed to vent their valid points and arguments on content that they support with their wallets, that you among the other choose to turn a blind eye to. Because letting you tell it, everything they push out as far as TSW, is pure gold.

• Like Like x 6
  16. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Quite a few mods of TSC became mods for Anthonys server last night, so I expect it will be run much the same!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

No it's not an anti DTG server, it's a server where you can voice your support for DTG, but also discuss problems with the company and their games, without the risk of being banned.

• Like Like x 2
  18. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

YES exactly this is its purpose

• Like Like x 1
  19. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

A Priority One Comm has just been received. It's a message just for you, and it says:

-------------------
    I think that you are on to something. Those people are thinking the wrong kind of things and even worse, they are saying the wrong kinds of things to people in a terrible plot to bring down The Company. These scoundrels don't appreciate just how selflessly The Company works - solely for the benefit of The Community. People with the wrong kinds of ideas should be completely silenced to prevent them from infecting others with their disgusting "fairness" idealogies . Now they are hiding like rats in dark underground holes, but they will be found, they will be found.....!

I thank Big Brother for the fact that you are here to help everyone think the right things. You are brilliant at helping with that here. It is comforting to know that you have now created a safe space where you have absolute control over what people are allowed to think, because like The Company, you know what is best for people, and how to make them all happy. And properly controlled. To save them from themselves.
    -------------------

Oh dear..... ! Oh well, LOVE happens, I guess.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

I had a lot of people join. And I keep the toxicity out. Look how bad TSC got. I don’t want that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Plastic Pal

Oh look, there is now a vacancy for Director of the Department of TRUTH. Apparently the old Director turned out to be the wrong kind of thinker - and hasn't been seen since. That Director was probably found associating with the wrong types of people, say, people that like Bus Simulator, or Goat Simulator.... toxic stuff like that.

You are clearly the best person to judge what is toxic..... and poisonous to the well-being of The Company..... Have you thought about applying for the Directorship at the Department of TRUTH...?

• Like Like x 3
  22. rare_common_sense

Pretty much an echo chamber. Yep. I'll certainly be staying away from that, too.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Jeannot41

I think stay away from these discord, as well as from this forum.
    Also stay away from DTG and these DLC where we get pissed, we get bored, we fall asleep.
    Let Anthony, the pianist, and 2 or 3 others say it's the best game.
    It would have been good if DTG got a little more involved in fixing bugs, or coming here to express their point of view.
    But alas, they are too stupid.

• Like Like x 4
  24. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

At this moment in time, there's not one good place for access of information or to talk or get a response from the developers, even if its a query about something or a general chit-chat to them. The TSC discord group was good, albeit always unofficial, however this changed when the DTG developers left. Now its essentially like everywhere else, an echo chamber.

All social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Discord and even these forums are useless unless all you like hearing about is DLC releases, sales and other human resources related stuff for TSW.

• Like Like x 7
  25. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

You know you are starting to get very pathetic, why do you even come on these forums, is it just to be unpleasant and insult people as that is all you seem to contribute?

• Like Like x 6
  26. theorganist

These discord servers are not manned by DTG, the fact DTG allow lots of criticism here speaks volumes. You could see the bans of those who have been banned coming a mile away, including the one who has returned under a different user name who either thinks people are too stupid to realise he is the same person or just doesn't care!

If I was an employee I wouldn't spend my spare time being insulted and having to listen to angry rants, that is not the way to get people to listen, it probably has the opposite effect and is more likely to get peoples backs up.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and angry rants and you get both on here, I would venture that some on here don't even use TSW but just come on here to rant!

• Like Like x 9
  27. Plastic Pal

Can you please stop being unpleasant and insulting to other Forum Members - it is getting quite tiresome.

• Like Like x 2
  28. theorganist

You really are unbelievable you have been banned remember, therefore I am not going to take advice or requests from you on how to behave on a forum!

Maybe my reply was a bit harsh but if people are going to be unpleasant then I shall reply in kind, that post referred to me so I reserve the right to respond to it, the poster has a history of making unpleasant remarks.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Plastic Pal

Your comment to Jeannot41 wasn't just harsh. It was insulting and juvenile, and really horrible to see. It's very upsetting when I see the kind of abuse that you relentlessly dish out to anyone that disagrees with you, or expresses an opinion that you disagree with.

Not that it would be reasonable anyway....but your attack on Jeannot41 wasn't "a response in kind". Jeannot 41 did not attack you. Jeannot41 explicitly defended the right of "the pianist" to express an opinion.

A Forum is meant to be a meeting place for people with different opinions to meet and discuss, and learn from other perspectives, thereby enriching everyone. If everyone believed exactly the same thing and had exactly the same knowledge - then there would be no point in meeting in a Forum - by definition.

Everyone has to accept a bit of give and take. Everyone has to accept that there are a wide range of views. As soon as you start salami slicing away some perspectives, you destroy the whole.

You are not a moderator of this Forum - thankfully. But if there are inputs to a Forum that should be excluded - it would be the kind of mindlessly unjustified abuse that you dish out.

So, I plead with you again...

Can you now please stop being unpleasant and insulting to other Forum Members - it is getting quite tiresome.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A few posts above you were very unpleasant and insulting to Anthony. I guess you have a different sets of rules for how others should behave and how you behave yourself. Or was that some of the “give and take” you like to give but not take?

• Like Like x 7
  31. theorganist

Well it could be argued you shouldn't even be on here, you were banned and now you are back pretending to be someone else.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Plastic Pal

Well, this is a discussion about fora for discussions. With a bit about how such discussions should be moderated, whether on a Discord, or on these Forums here.

There is a world of difference between:

1. Suggesting that someone who has clearly stated that they have set up a Discord where only accepted views are allowed and where unacceptable opinions ("toxicity") can be removed and excluded, and then suggesting that they apply for a job where censorship on thought and expression is a valued key skill

and

2. Outrightly abusing someone personally with insults such as "You are pathetic", for no apparent reason (other than a difference in opinion about The Company), as part of a disgustingly venal repeated pattern of behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Plastic Pal

Well - you have a right to your opinion.

Thank you for not adding any extremely abusive insults on this occasion. This is much appreciated. Looks like you could be learning....! Maybe there is hope for you to become a reasonable productive contributor to the Forum in the future. If you cut out the abusive stuff, I think you'll be fine....!

34. theorganist

My last words on the subject as I really can't be bothered.

You don't see the irony that someone who has been banned from these forums, who has a very patronising way of speaking to people lectures others on how to behave on a forum, these forums had been quite calm for the last few weeks with everyone of differing views getting on fine.

The fact you are trying to pretend to be someone else is weird to be honest, I notice you waited till the community manager position was vacant! You aren't fooling anyone.

And as for Jeannot maybe it was a bit harsh but he is constantly making snide and often rude comments, not just to me. I do not think he was defending anyones right to say what they think, however if I am wrong I apologise to Jeannot for mistaking his comments and I apologise to him for reacting in the way I did.

However I am not taking any advice on how to behave from you.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Plastic Pal

It is very honourable of you to now recognise your wrong-doings and to try to gain some redemption for your past failures to behave in a reasonable and respectful way.

I always knew, at heart, that you are a truly wonderful person - and I have said as much in the past - this is why it is always doubly surprising and upsetting when you unleash your extremely abusive side.

Anyway - it looks like you are making progress on your journey of discovery on how to be kinder to people - and I am sure everyone is thankful for that. Take Care.

36. Jeannot41

Personally, I did not feel offended.
    What I deplore here is that all of its acidic and ironic conversations would not happen if DTG answered most requests.
    I like TSW, and I would also like it to be less boring, more variety on the courses. But everything looks the same.
    DTG does not listen.
    I have almost all TS20 DLCs ... which I uninstalled to make room on my SDD.
    I also purchased all TSW DLCs, except recently where I did not purchase Okland, and was reimbursed for Br204 and M3.
    What saddens me is that as soon as you make a criticism, some people try to prove you wrong.
    I'm going to quote Anthony and The Organist, who are the fans of TSW.
    I really don't feel offended, and as The Organist said, we would be face to face, we would drink one or more beers together. I am also Organist and pianist, in addition to being fans of trains.
    Let's calm down and accept ourselves with our differences. Life is something else and I am 68 years old, I expect something other than a fight.
    Friendship to all.
    And excuse me if I have offended people.
    And finally, Matt, come and chat here, it will calm the spirits.

• Like Like x 6
  37. theorganist

That's interesting, that is three organist train simmers I know then, including myself.

Are you based in France?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Anthony Pecoraro

Then why are you in my server?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Plastic Pal

I was very happy to read your kind and generous post here, and I agree with you - it is unfortunate to see Forum Members fighting each other - all have something in common - all of them like trains... and some have even more in common...!

My view is that The Company is perfectly capable of defending itself - not just by reacting to criticism verbally, but through taking positive actions to improve things. Listening is a two-way exercise.

40. Jeannot41

Yes

41. Jeannot41

I went there, but I gave up, because I have to copy the dialogs in google translation for each discussion.
    I'm already doing it here, but it's quite restrictive.

42. theorganist

French organs are amongst my favourites, Cavaille-Coll particularly, Henry Willis was our British Cavaille-Collcreating symphonic instruments which were versatile and warm and fiery when needed.

Do you have any favourite composers, I think Vierne and Durufle are amongst the best, I would love to learn some Durufle but it is quite hard and finding the time is difficult?

• Like Like x 1
  43. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

How threads go off topic. :D

However in this case I approve. Organs and organ music, it's talking about harmony not discord. And that's got to be an improvement to the current unwarranted bitterness between forum members.. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  44. Jeannot41

The Cavaillé-Coll organs, one of the pinnacles.
    Louis Vierne, Marcel Dupré, Charles Tournemire, Jehan Alain, Olivier Messiaen, Maurice Duruflé, Gaston Litaize, are among those I listen to most often.
    I had the chance to hear Marie-Claire Alain (Sister of Jehan Alain) when they restored the sea organ, near my home.
    My teacher was titiilaire of the Organ of St Nicolas, in Blois, whose organ was that of Mr. Auguste Poulain, the inventor of Poulain chocolate in Blois.
    I only play at home now. Just for the pleasure of my ears. I have a Yamaha piano with organ sounds.
    Between music, trains and trucks, many passions that occupy the mind.

• Like Like x 1
  45. theorganist

You are very lucky, I have a CD of her playing the organ at St. Sulpice, would have loved to hear her in person.

Olivier Latry makes trips over the UK from time to time, I will one day get to hear him I hope.

Apologies for the off topic I don't often get to meet other organists outside of the usual circles especially ones from outside the UK!

There are some good and not expensive home practice instruments, I have a 30 year old Johannus which sounds okay when it works, I have access to a pipe organ also.

• Like Like x 1
  46. theorganist

Yes you are quite correct, life is too short for angst, I think it is too easy to get carried away and forget who you are talking to, especially in these fraught times. It is easy to read things that aren't there, also.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  47. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

None needed to me at least. I'd rather read about about organs than seeing pages of constant sniping from members about the same things. It's too easy to get carried away behind your keyboard without thinking at times. I have been guilty of it myself.

And see with your new common ground your opinion of Jeannot41 has changed 180°. I think the moral for all is don't get agitated, don't make assumptions and pause before you type. Actually it's probably best to step away from that keyboard for a while. Not the organ's keyboard of course.

Stay safe all. Especially now restrictions are being eased.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  48. theorganist

I think many of us do, I am normally a very calm person.

Well now that they are being eased, although part of me thinks it is a little early, I can actually go and play a proper pipe organ again, although it will be a long time I fear before it will be in front of others.

An off topic forum would be quite nice to have actually, where we could all talk about our non train-simming interests, we might find we have a lot of interests in common which we don't realise.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Jeannot41

A Johannus Organ, a dream for me.
    I had a Nord C2, which satisfied me, because I was also passionate about Hammond organs. I had an M1 with Leslie 145 cabin, too. Another organ for the pleasure of jazz.

• Like Like x 1
  50. theorganist

This is over 30 years old and needs a good service as the contacts are getting very dirty it is the only electronic organ I have known with a ciphur! Trouble is there aren't many engineers who know their way around old analogue organs now so it looks like I will have to get someone to travel a fair distance. I sounds okay but is a bit bright, not a very warm sound.

I see quite a few Hammonds selling on ebay for not much money, not sure whether it is the same in France?