PC Mouse Sensitivity Too High

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mikeopam, May 16, 2020.

1. mikeopam

mikeopam New Member

Setting mouse setting in game to 1 and the movement is still way too fast for me. I tried adjusting it in C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor Gameusersettings.ini but it had no effect. Anyone know how to lower it lower than 1?

2. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

This is strange, the lowest sensitivity setting should be well enough for anyone. I would say that you have some mouse software installed that is interfering with the game, can this be the case?

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Have you tried checking your mouse's native settings?

4. Tizdaz

Tizdaz New Member

use your mouse software if it has any, which mouse do you have? if not just change setting in windows mouse settings, just change pointer speed until you get it to how you want ;)..

Control Panel > Mouse Settings
    mouse settings.PNG

5. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

wow to fast ! its sensitivity is just like most UE4 titles from my experience what DPI do you run must be 1200 + ?

Perhaps tone down your DPI and increase sensitivity in game.

6. mikeopam

mikeopam New Member

I can adjust the mouse (Razor DeathAdder Elite) with the DPI settings. I would like not to have to do that though. With my other games I don't have to. Every once in awhile I'll get a game where the lowest in game sensitivity is still too high for me. This is one of those games. Usually it can be lowered further in a user config but doing that with this game has no effect. With this game I have to lower the dpi (with Deathadder software) to 400 to get a comfortable feel where everything is not whizzing by. Then when leaving game I have to speed it back up to my normal 2000 dpi for desktop. With my other games I don't have to do this, the in game sensitivity settings go low enough. This one doesn't.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  7. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I mean personal preference ect so not wanting to tell you what to do, however do keep in mind that DPI is a sensitivity adjustment it does not equate to accuracy people tend to confuse them, so by lowering DPI your are doing the same thing in principle.

Id say like you mentioned your best bet is to just have a dpi setting you can switch to for the game, not owning a Razor id assume the software allows for some profile or custom settings to be tied to the games executable.

good luck and enjoy the game.