PlayStation Db 155 Buying Worth?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by diamondderp, May 16, 2020.

1. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Hello, you maybe know that there is a sale and i was wondering: Is the DB BR 155 worth of buying? THe DB 155 is also the last German add-on that i didn't buy. Please let me know if its worth buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I bought it in the sale along with RSN which I hadn’t got round to getting before. I’m loving them both. The 155 is a different driving experience to all the other trains, with the tap changer instead of a throttle for controlling power, and is extremely fun to drive. I’d say it’s one of the best locos in TSW, and well worth getting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Now that the tunnel sound issues for RSN on PS4 have been fixed, then it is definitely worth buying in the sale. It also works on other German routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about the 155 too. I like the look of the cab and controls. :)

Does it add any services on RSN and any of the German routes or does it just substitute in?

5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Its a bit like the DB 182. It adds more services to RSN, but not more services to other routes.

like; If you did a freight service with the 182 on MSB for example 13:00, it then also says on the 155 that you did it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

But you can still do every service again, even with a different locomotive. It is also counted, but then you cannot track it exactly.

Either way, the 155 differs more from the other locomotives than e.g. the M7 and M3 compared. And for <€ 8 the question probably doesn't arise.

But I still haven't quite understood how the tap changer works in the UP / Down / Hold positions. Even the AFB using a keyboard does not always seem to work. You can also manually adjust the pulling and braking force here. So this locomotive definitely offers its possibilities and is also worth it.

Apart from that, the 155 is also on the road in AI traffic and thus animates the action.

• Like Like x 1
  7. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Thanks for the advise and i bought the 155 just a minute ago :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The 155 pack also adds the coal wagons and services to the RSN route.

• Like Like x 2
  9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The 155 is the only 6 axle German loco in TSW. Than you can adjust the tractiv effort exactly. I think you can do that only with the 143 and 155.

Because of that the 155 is the best choice to pull heavy freight trains on German routes in TSW.

And than with the 155 you can get the experience of German railway history. Because DB took it out of service at the end of 2019. The explanation of DB was, that they don't have enough freight services for them.

• Like Like x 1