PlayStation Nec New York

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Apr 8, 2020.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’ve decided to revisit this route as I’ve not played it for a good year or so. I was driving with ATC and Alerter on, everything was going fine until leaving NY Penn towards New Rochelle in the tunnels. The ATC set the speed to 30 through the whole tunnel section, as soon as we came out it went to 100mph, is this correct? For one, you can’t keep the train at 30mph due to the downward gradient so continually have to apply brakes and two, 30mph is quite slow given the line speed was set to 60mph (I think).

Is the ATC bugged or is they 30mph realistic for that section of track?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. sam6190

sam6190 New Member

I believe it’s bugged. People have suggested turning ATC on once you get out of the tunnels but you have to do it when you’re 3 seconds or less away from a signal because otherwise it’ll apply emergency brakes, I couldn’t be bothered with that so ran with only Alerter and ACSES and didn’t have any problems keeping to the timetable.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thank you. What’s ACSES?

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I ran a service on NEC yesterday, something I rarely do, and discovered why I never bother with it. The route is good but the graphics popping in right in front of you and the ridiculous and constant changing of speed limits and upcoming speed limits are seriously annoying. I wouldn’t dare try to learn to use ATC on it, I’m not even sure if the speed limits are correct in the HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Advanced Civil Speed Enforcement System. It is a speed supervision system which monitors your speed against line speed, upcoming speed restrictions as well as for adverse/cautionary signals. For speed restrictions (drop in line speed, etc...) and for cautionary aspects, the ACSES will have a braking curve. If you’re not within the braking curve, you will get a warning (e.g. audible alarm) and if you don’t react quickly enough, you will get an intervention.

I see you’ve got a Class 390 on your profile picture... it is like TASS apart from TASS only supervises speed against line speed NOT against adverse signals. So TASS would have no problem if you went past double yellow at 125mph nor single yellow at 125mph nor red at 125mph. ATP on Great Western and Chiltern, however, will monitor you against adverse signals. From my understanding of ACSES, it is like ATP.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  6. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Heres the main thing to know about using the ACS-64: ATC off, ACSES on. That tunnel is suppose to have a track speed of 60. Only LIRR seems to run normal thru that tunnel on ATC.