PlayStation M3 Liveries

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, May 14, 2020.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Just bought and downloaded the M3, interestingly there are 3 liveries, but they're not different actual paint liveries as far as I can see, just different train sizes - 6, 8 and 10 cars with a different number of timetable runs for each one.

2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

That is an Odd one

3. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I've just checked again and you can also do the same for the M7.

Was that already an option or is that new with the M3 update?

4. LIRRGuy

I already new that. But the M3 comes in Silver,Gray, and Yellow. Some cars with the Occasional Blue Strip However. I was looking foreward to that

5. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Matt mentioned in the M3 stream it's a way of breaking up the services, personally, I think they should have added a different way of doing it rather than dumping them under the "Liveries" section.

I like the idea though, maybe a "select car set" option on the service selection screen going forward would be better...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it’s been done for technical reasons to allow random substitutions for AI trains. Trains can only substitute for trains their own length, so for an M3 to sub in for what was previously an M7 service there have to be three versions of it to sub in for all the different lengths. It’s a technical compromise and the timetable has been split up because of it, for both the M3 and M7. The player gets one extra choice to make before selecting a service but less time is spent scrolling through the services once the choice of train length has been made, which is an upside to the change. The fact that the choice is through a menu option for changing liveries is what comes from making compromises and shoehorning the results into an existing UI.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

This confused me at first. I thought the update had deleted about half the services...I don't mind it too much though, it's a nice way to sort out what services are short in time and which are long.

8. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

It's just a way to organise the services.

9. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I was wondering that myself. But as you probably already know based on your screen name (I live in queens), most of them had their blue removed within the last three decades. Only a small handful of blue left among the small handful of M3's left.
    Now my question is, when will we get the M9 in the game. I know the first 12 cars are still being tested and catching it for a ride is a needle in a haystack!

10. LIRRGuy

Currently they are in storage due to the pandemic