Capitol Corridor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack.kuiper.18, May 17, 2020.

1. jack.kuiper.18

jack.kuiper.18 Active Member

The Capitol Corridor in Northern California has endless potential in my opinion. Starting at San Jose Diridon, it works it’s way north on the east bay side, and passes through Fremont, Oakland, Martinez, and finally Sacramento. This would be a great pair with Peninsula Corridor, and the opportunities for scenarios are endless. If NEC and LIRR terminate in the same location, why can’t Capitol Corridor and CalTrain? Building a route in the Silicon Valley gives you a huge opportunity to exploit the rest of the railroading world around the bay, Dovetail. There is one downside, unfortunately, and that is the fact that it is 133 miles long between SJD and SAC. I don’t have an alternative idea for the route length, but maybe it can be how DTG phases in longer routes for TSW. The route itself is owned by UP and is comprised of parts of the Coast and Niles subs, while the entirety of the Martinez Sub is used. There are 13 station stops total, including SJD and SAC. F59PHIs and SC-44s are used, however the F59s are being sold off. Custom Alstom-Morrison-Knudsen “California Cars” are used on this route. A cab car is a variant as well. UP equipment would be road or GP locomotive, doesn’t matter which one. Freight cars would be the standard set that came with OSD and CSX, with UP logos.

• Like Like x 4
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would love this route to be brought to TSW! As for the distance problem maybe a third party will make it full length or DTG chops the route in half (or in a third, based on current route standards for them). Rolling stock ideas could be the SC44s and the California cars, and for UP I would love a GP60 or an SD60M, unless DTG brings a more modern loco such as a GE ES44AC or a EMD SD70ACE, heck, maybe even the SD70ACE-T4! Anyways, great route, would love to see it in TSW, and the rolling stock included could open up for them to create a route further south, if you know what I mean;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. jack.kuiper.18

jack.kuiper.18 Active Member

First, a quarter of third or half or whatever would be a little anticlimactic. Just stopping in OKJ and having nowhere to go but back to SJD would be a little bit disappointing. Also, third parties are being avoided I think because the more third party DLC there is, the less money goes to Dovetail, and with a route that could potentially be up to 130 miles or more, that would be a lot of cash DTG is missing out on. Lastly, there is no editor (yet) so third-parties getting access to building with TSW assets would be a challenge. Now I don't mean to be counterproductive to what I suggested, I would just rather wait for it and get it in its full length than get a half-hearted half-length.

• Like Like x 1