PC Help With Modding M3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by danman425, May 19, 2020.

1. danman425

danman425 New Member

I don’t have experience in modding games (only coding), but I made a few very close attempts to modding the new M3 DLC. I have all the sounds ready for a new horn, new door sound, and new chime.

I keep running into trouble with Unreal engine project packaging and making sure that the mod can actually show up in the game.

Could anyone help out with this? It would be much appreciated! I can also send the new audio files.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is already a mod.

3. danman425

danman425 New Member

I know, but there’s some audio editing that I want to continue to try for the horn.

4. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Mod creator here! What issue are you having with UE4 packaging? The cooking or the packing with u4pak?

5. danman425

danman425 New Member

I was able to progress a little further last night. I opened a new blank project in UE4, dropped the new audio into the content folder, packaged the project, and when I tried to unpack the UE4 .pak file, I got an error in Quickbms! Ugh, it was something wrong with the hexs I think? I tried a bunch of different things and no success.

For modding sound, do you just have to put the audio in the content folder in a blank UE4 project or is there something more?