Tsw: Island Electrics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 14, 2020.

1. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I'm liking the M3 and the scenarios that it comes with in each scenario there is a lot of AI traffic same with the M7 scenarios lot of traffic what's annoying is the lack of AI traffic in service mode absolutely dead very disappointed DTG you say realistic 24/7 timetable not true fulse advertising I must say very lazy :(

Aka I know use will see this DTG and probably ignore it and probably don't care about the criticism that you receive rivet games does much better by listening to the community un like use

• Like Like x 1
  2. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Ik why its dead, Because the Hempstead services are based on real life except the ones from Penn......Irl Hempstead services run hourly to half hourly. 23 trains only stop at Forest Hills and Kew Gardens

3. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I agree rivet games took criticism fine they are actually fixing the db br 204 right now they are adding more scenario's.But dtg isn't fixing the lirr :(

• Like Like x 2
  4. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

The M3 is very nice and detailed. But it has some issues that needs fixing. Refer to page 1 of this thread some people have already pointed it out. I still don't understand why Atlantic Terminal & Long Island City services still are not in service mode yet. I mean 8 or 10 car EMU's from Atlantic Terminal to Hicksville. Their also should be more Belmont Park services as well.
    I'm not here to rant just to point out certain issues with the route/trains.

5. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of how they did the Belmont Park service with the layup outside Jamaica on the beginning of Babylon bound track smh.they shouldve added more service to fill that huge gap till like the 6pm time or i forgot in the gsme..Now as far as LI City goes yes that's another mistake but they couldve added if not the diesels, a trip to or from Hunterspoint Av I mean it does service a EMU or so from Huntington(am) and to Ronkonkoma(pm)

• Like Like x 2
  6. TChauvet

TChauvet New Member

I love the M3 Trains and the different livery options for them and the M7. But DTG not only needs to add services from Long Island City, they must populate Hillside Facility, Sunnyside Yards, and the yard beside Jamaica with some trains. They don’t need to be AI Trains but make it more realistic as the actual LIRR!

7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Do Atlantic Terminal to Long Island City trains go via Jamaica? I’m wondering if it’s something to do with switching ends at Jamaica if that’s the case...?

I can’t think of any other route s in TSW which involves this manoeuvre, that’s why I think they didn’t expand ECW from Eastbourne to Hastings as the driver I said required to change ends at Eastbourne. The only time we’ve had to do this is in scenarios off the top of my head.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The EMUs don’t really go to LIC. It’s mostly the diesels that go there.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

They’ve got to add a Diesel that can go to Long Island city.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Here we go again mrchuck whining for its D30AC

11. MrbKlegend89

Atlantic Term to LIC via Jamaica??idk bout that one....I live in NY and travel on LIRR, that's impossible well not really but yea that ECW route involving Hastings and Ore I'm like ughh and I like that DLC route as well...LI City and Hunterspoint Av still need service mode, not lousy scenarios only.

12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Ah right, thanks.

13. Louis-MTA NYCTA

True. However some of the electrics do travel along that branch. Long Island City also has a yard the diesels use this as well as some EMU's. I do remember seeing M7s and M3s running there as well. I understand why it may be hard how to add services to the route. But LIC and Atlantic terminal services to hicksville should have been in the game since the first day the LIRR was out. But I will give credit to DTG for an otherwise really cool and closely accurate route to real life.

14. MrbKlegend89

I realized in real life why are those station platforms like that in LI City??

15. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

Hicksville handler scenario has a lot of AI traffic. There is actually a train that takes the branch out of Jamaica that heads for Valley Stream. The Hillside yard is full of units as well. The trip to Hicksville you pass numerous trains. This is the most realistic simulation. I only wish this was all the time

• Like Like x 1
  16. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

valley stream maybe they’ll extend the route further to Long Beach or far rockaway.

17. MrbKlegend89

That's jus the scenarios other than that service mode still dead and needs to be worked on

18. tlcottone

tlcottone New Member

My point was if they can do it in the journeys why not the regular timetables

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’ve explained this before.

20. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Yeah he's right

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I hope we get a route expansion the m9 & the diesel's Right mr chuck

• Like Like x 4
  22. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Another issue I have noticed is the wheel slip. While on max brake when charging if you go all the way up to power 4. The train glitches out and goes straight to 22mph great for a quick speed boost but very dangerous.

23. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Guessing now that TSW 2 is coming, the M3 bugs won't be fixed?

DTG, please confirm or deny this.

24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's in the video last night. No further updates are going to be done to TSW1 DLC from release date, though trainsim-steve did say yesterday there are patches being worked on right now for some things which WILL be released before that date

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Here's hoping then that between now and the release date of TSW2 that fix as many of the bugs in the current content as possible. That would take the bite of that fact that after Aug 6 there is no more fixes issued for what they will be referred as Preserved Content.