Lirr Corrections

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dam, May 21, 2020.

1. Dam

Dam New Member

The following are problems that need to be addressed within the LIRR route and the two locos that come with it, the M3 and the M7. As someone who's traveled on the LIRR on a regular basis for the past 20 years, these issues were easy to spot.

First, the M3: the door opening and closing sounds are from the M7, this is incorrect. The sound is faint, but you can definitely notice it. The doors on the actual trains sound more like a shed door closing, or something similar.

The train number (above the first window at the "F" end of the married pair) should only be illuminated on the car with the engineer in it, not on every car like the game has it now.

The ceiling on the interior of the train seems to be too bright, almost like the whole ceiling is a light itself.

When you play on console and try to open/close the doors with the controller buttons, there seems to be an error.

The M7: Similar to how the M3's are supposed to be, the car number of the car with the engineer in it should be illuminated, currently none of the car numbers are illuminated throughout an entire train set.

The traction motor sound past 22-23 mph is too loud. The sounds from 1-22 mph are perfect, but after that the motor sounds are too pronounced. It is much softer in real life.

Like the M3, the ceiling is too bright in the interior of the train.

The interior cab doors on the two ends of the train (the blue doors with the movable blind) are always pushed out so passengers can't go passed that point. In other words, from the perspective of the engineer sitting in the engineer's cab, the door should be pushed out so that the engineer/brakeman has the full cab to him/herself.

The route itself: The speed limit after the Bellerose Station and before the Belmont spur drops from 80 mph to 60 mph, this is incorrect. Trains, unless making a significant track change, go through that section of track at full speed, signal permitting. The signal aspect drops to 60 mph on the ATC, which may happen in certain situations, but the track speed is not supposed to change.

The signals going into Jamaica from either direction (Hicksville and Penn) are incorrect. In real life, the signal aspect gradually decreases, giving the engineer time to smoothly get down to speed. Here, coming from the LI direction, the signal aspect drops from 80 to 40, and then 15. In reality, it usually drops to 40 or 50 from the point you reach the Hillside station (next to the yard), and then will gradually drop to 15 before you hit that wayside signal before the platform. Coming from Penn, the signal aspect drops to 40 right before the junction, when it should've dropped to 40 and then 30 long before the junction because of the track change. It then inexplicably increases to 60 (when the MAS is only 35) before dropping back down to 40 at the beginning of that downward slope. In reality, that signal before the slope should be a restricted one, with the train having to keep a MAS of 15 mph from that point all the way through the rest of the station.

I'm sure everyone is already aware that speed limit signs/crossing signs are missing. I'm also sure that I've missed some other mistakes, but my fingers are tired:) Feel free to add anything else you noticed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Very helpful post, thanks for taking your time to write it.

You’re waited 18 months to write your first post, keep on posting :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

It truly is nice to see a user on here who also has an interest in wanting those faulty ATC/signal bugs and wrong speed limit placements along this route fixed. I know I sound like a broken record when it comes to these two things but this has really removed the "sim" feel when running this route.

I posted these in other threads but I'll post here again. Maybe the Dovetail team can actually take these bugs into consideration now..
    1. The second signal out of Hempstead blacks out soon after you past the first signal.
    2. The 15 mph ATC speed restriction wrongly continues well past Country Life Press westbound. Even for some time after Garden City.
    3. You get hit with an Approach signal and a 40 mph ATC speed drop just before Mineola. Even if the line ahead is clear.
    4. Eastbound out of Jamaica the speed limit should go from 15 -> 35 -> 60 -> 80.. Not 15 -> 35 -> 80..

• Like Like x 1