Euro Fishing Can We Have A Way Of Avoiding Carp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nimaatre, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Nimaatre

Nimaatre Member

Since the last patch trying to get smaller/silver fish has become far harder than targeting carp due to the hooksize AI adjustments. For the love of god can we get smaller hooksizes, so size 14 - 18 say in hooks (not talking about floats, I mean ledger/bottom rigs) and have carp / catfish less likely to to take those sizes as float or bottom rig. Of course it needn't be absolute, but a say 95% of the time thing.

Or the dream is for a venue without carp (a river would be nice) with a wider variety of species.
    Talking of species - rudd, dace, chub, perch, silver bream, crucian carp, brown and rainbow trout and the like, would be nice to see ingame.

• Like Like x 6
  2. a_hutfless

a_hutfless New Member

Yeah.
    Silverfish is gone.
    BEFORE the last update, we caught them on 20mill tigers.

Now they disappeared.

Sad.

3. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

If you use gear similar to that in the default tacklebox you should have better luck with catching the smaller fish.

4. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Small baits n small hooks. . as in maggot 18 float 4lb line n legers with 12hks n light line still mostly carp. . . see my xbox post . . .

• Like Like x 1
  5. a_hutfless

a_hutfless New Member

Well.
    What our dear Stephen tries to tell us above is:
    Forget all your expensive rods, reels, lines, baits.
    The whole idea of developing the kit is
    just a joke. Or better: just an advertising thing.

The default tackle box will do.

Ooooookkkkeeeeey?

No.
    Not ok. For two reasons.

First. What the heck did I buy these items for?

Second :
    EVEN WITH DEFAULT TACKLE IT DOES NOT WORK!

Silverfish gone.
    Floatfishing gone.

If anyone had a hint how to get them and I'm just wrong... then please tell me.
    Always ready to learn

H.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

3 goes into the tournament n have caught some silvers. . on legers (12hook n single maggot-pretty unrealistic presentation). . too many carp amongst them though. . float is completely pointless n u still catch carp even on the 18hook n pinkie or maggot. . . the idea of using default tackle box is just repeating a forum comment someone made, rather than being based on any testing n trying it tells you its mostly rubbish info . . . . .other feedback the constantly shaking numbers above bait should come with a warning -could cause etc etc aswell as being generally irritating, baits continually drift, you cant reel in short distances either, a tap of the trigger is almost 2 yards n then u get the added bonus of even quicker drift. . . the bream fight much harder than tench n so do some roach ?? ? ? why ? ? is very unreal. . .what hook, bait, line, rig, rod,reel u use makes very little difference- its pure luck what ya catch- this used too matter n make a difference prior to all the updates. . . still the great thing is you can still buy dlc for this fairly broken game. . .no wonder its not fixed the 'small team' has another lake to create. . . priorities, priorities eh. . . oh well back to the tournament. . . which i may even win yawn lol . . . .

7. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The way the tackle shop works allows you to progress from the basic gear such as that found in the default tacklebox aimed at catching the smaller species of fish up to the higher end gear that can be used to target carp and catfish.

We are looking at improving the float fishing experience in general and this will include more specific equipment such as rods and reels. We are unaware of any issues surrounding the ability to catch coarse species since the update but we will investigate.

8. ian

ian Member

coarse are hard to catch now

• Like Like x 1
  9. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

You can and I do catch plenty of course fish in most of the lakes (with the obvious exception of snails) on size 12 hooks with most baits either float fishing or ledgering. I'm using the float rod and reel along with a pair of 11ft ledger rods. Not sure if line makes much difference but if it helps I'm using 3lb line on all of my course rods. Baits I use are bloodworms, Denbora Worms, Bread (except punch) Double medium Corn and the imitation bloodworm if I need a pop up. I'm sure maggots will also work but putting tiny baits like single corn or maggots on a size 12 hook doesn't feel right to me so I don't use the small baits as bites (seem to me to) tail off on floats with a smaller hook than a 12. You will still catch lots of carp to around 20 lbs even on this set up but you should also bag plenty of roach, tench and bream on this tackle. Glad to hear that some improvements to float fishing are in the works DTG_Stephen.

10. a_hutfless

a_hutfless New Member

Nice idea Stephen.
    And I mean: idea

11. a_hutfless

a_hutfless New Member

To Ch40...
    Yes.
    I agree.

To Mr. Bennet :
    What of the updates do you play?

12. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

I am playing the game as supplied and updated on Xbox one with Foundry Dock and Manor Farm Installed.