Ts2021 Guessing Game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raptorengineer, May 12, 2020.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so since where about 5 to 7 months away from ts2021 i going to guess what might happen.
    ts 2021 will have 4 of re-released routes and 5 routes on deluxe edition.
    a new UI Picture wallpaper. and maybe some fixes. and version could be 70.xxa... or something.

now if there Big feature well that up in the air, if i had to dream it would be direct x Support that be so awesome and somewhat possible.
    i know tsw has directx 11/12 on unreal engine support.

now since the covid-19 pandemic is going around it might make TS-2021 just UI and routes re-release game.

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Game Engine = DX11 upgrade would be awesome, I remember when ETS2 switched and it really was night and day performance wise, I really hope they don't go over to unreal engine (I'm pretty sure they can't anyway, but I'm just saying) as I think that's too restrictive in this genre of sim, far better sticking with and developing further an in-house game engine.

Routes/Scenarios = well after the recent route withdrawal fiasco's of recent months I hope they release all routes with unbranded stock and scenarios and just release real ToC and FoC liveries and supporting scenarios as DLC's only, that way if any ToC or FoC change then it's no biggie withdrawing the DLC and selling the new branded DLC instead, and of course the modding community can fill any gaps as and where required with relative ease of deployment.

Routes 2 = What routes would I like? Well anything Welsh (of course, seeing as I am Welsh) but there are a good few gaps in UK wide stuff, maybe more linking up of popular routes (if Danny can do it within the current DX9 constraints then with DX11 it shouldn't really be a problem).
    Also I'd really like to see some Australian routes and trains as this seems an extremely lacking area of the world TS wise.

UI = full unfettered support of peripherals (of course I'm talking about full integration of TrackIR and Raildriver).
    Full support of UI, gauges and telemetry on a separate device like a tablet, phone or additional monitor.
    A more customisable UI as in the choice to place and move around certain elements of the UI anywhere on the screen that suits the individual or better suits the vehicle being driven.

Loco's, MU's, Coaches & Wagons = This is the one area I'm not so bothered about tbh, I know this section alone could go on for pages due to individual wants and desires but I'd be happy with a AP type upgrade to all the existing models.

Gameplay = A realism choice level, Maybe a choice of how strict the speeding penalty is and whether there is a 1, 5, or whatever mph/kmh leeway, I know this is unpopular amongst the purists but if it's in the options then it's not complained about on the forums.

Fixes = Well here's a hornets nest, first and foremost fix the Workshop tab part of the main menu, this breaks my game 99% of the time to the point I've stopped using workshop content completely. And for the rest? well there's a bug report section full of the little (and not so little) critters so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm sure I've missed a myriad of stuff out even from my own wishlist, but it'll do for starters. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

will it be september this year

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

You can load the workshop scenarios in the standard and career tabs, Reef, so try that instead of the workshop tab. I've had issues with that tab as well and I only got the game from Humble in February (planning to finally start playing and streaming it with introductory Sherman Hill and loco introductions before moving into the Battle! scenario set). You may still need to pop into the workshop tab to load all the scenarios (not tested, but I occasionally see Workshop loading notices in other tabs too), but then get off that tab, or quit and relaunch to be safe. Everything then appears in the main route menu if you choose to incluce it ("official and workshop scenarios", with the route selected), and the menu UI seems to have no issues there. The only glitch is sometimes the train appears with no name, or even a scenario has no name. I might just start the first couple of months playing included scenarios instead of workshop ones unless I target a specific series on a specific route, and know where those are. (That will be a challenge, I've subscribed to nearly 200 things.)

What do I want to see? Canadian routes. I gave one route maker the idea for something local to me as a future project idea, and something I was surprised to see NOT visited yet (one of those firsts), so I would love to see that come in. That may not be until 2022 if even then, mind. But in general, we need more Canadian routes. I know of a new one coming, but we only have maybe three others and so many American ones.

I also want to see a worldwide edition of Marias Pass, which is a sore sticking point for me because I see Canadian themed workshop content there regularly and I'm not allowed to touch it (not to mention some 1,500 items in there require the route, one of the highest numbers for anything behind London-Brighton's 1,800 or so). However, I have a feeling we will never see that. A shame, but that's what I want to see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

I don't have it, but some reviews of Great British Railway Journeys mention improved graphics and game play. If true I think it's likely we'll get these in the core sim engine in 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It depends if it does give improved Graphics or it was just one persons view of the game

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cyclone

It could also be based on one of the items, not the full DLC. The person may be referring, say, to the Chatham route. Meanwhile, everything else is unchanged.

8. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Updates and TS are not compatible words, sorry.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

That is because you are new to the game

This is a picture of the Hagen - Siegen route - now Rhur - Sieg I made in 2013
    Screenshot_Ruhr Sieg Line_50.95351-7.99478_19-29-25.jpg

This is a picture from the Munchen - Garmisch route I made in 2018 -
    Screenshot_Munich to Garmisch_47.49371-11.09586_10-32-00.jpg

The increased quality of the track, overhead and other structures is obvious

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  10. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Settle to Carlisle. Screenshot_Settle to Carlisle_54.52967--2.45874_15-32-46 (2).jpg

11. Cyclone

Ah, likely going to be grabbing that one provided it gets one of the many price drops. I expect it's a nice route and will be one of my four or so routes through Carlisle. I see equipment from that DLC used all over the workshop.