How To Display Custom Consist Available In The Editor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VION, May 23, 2020.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hi all,
    I hope you are in safe condition and healthy form.
    So I built a custom consist using the MattPeddlesden method building via the blueprint utility editor. Now my consist is available for the loco I select in the Quick drive menu, but I wish to swap a default consist present in a standard scenario and replace it by my consist customized via the blueprint editor. Is it possible to see my customized consist in the World Editor (CTRL+E) when in game? Because I see the name of my customized consist but impossible to place it on the rails cause it don't appear on my mouse pointer when his name is selected to be able to place it on the rails. Is there a tip to be able to display my customized consist in the world editor please ?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

First thing I would check is that all requirements are checked in the new scenario, same as you had in the QD

As an example, if you're placing an AP350 you need both DTG/portsmouthdirect and AP/C450EP checked as asset collections for the 350 to appear on your track. If you have the AP/C450EP checked but not PDL the asset will appear as available on your consist list, but nothing appear at the mouse when you try to place it in world

3. VION

VION Active Member

Thanks for this advice but what I'm trying to set is a swap for the route Maria Pass the scenario Over the top; I try to swap the default consist drivable by own customized consist and I can to say you I have all the required wagons and loco from SearchLightSimulations where I bought this super loco and downloaded the wagons too. What is strange is when I select the SearchLightSimulations loco SD40-2 Burlington Northern model in a quick drive; my consist is there and well displaying when I start the quick drive scenario but not when I wish to swap it in others scenarios. I made this customized consist available for all US routes I have included Maria Pass. May be too many wagons (there are 64 in total) but that should n't prevent to display the consist since I have all the required items. I will take a look if all the SearchLightSimulations items are well checked in the world editor thats I don't look at at the moment.

4. VION

VION Active Member

I found the culprit: this was the SearchLightSimulations EOTD item because when hoocked to a SD40 loco which is the last rear end of the consist each time I want to place my consist, the World editor end up by a crash dump error message out of memory; when I remove the EOTD from my consist, I can put it in the World editor. I tried even in a quick drive scenario the consist with the SearchLightSimulation SD40 Burlington Northern at the rear end pushing with the EOTD hoocked up; same I can't move forward. I believe this EOTD is really functionnal only hoocked to a wagon not a loco. So I removed this item EOTD from my original consist ending by a SearchLightQSimulations SD40-2 BN pushing and all is fine. I could swap the default consist on the Over the Top scenario from Maria Pass route by my customized consist without EOTD device and all is rolling fine.