Make Train Simulator Routes Available In Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by samuelbrookes1, May 10, 2020.

1. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Train Simulator has so many more routes compared to Train Sim World. This is very annoying for console players, so it would be good if all the routes from Train Simulator could be driven in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

No doubt some of the effort that goes into creating DLC for either simulator is applicable to both (research like mapping, measuring and photography for instance) but there's no process for just porting from TS to TSW which are based on completely different game engines. Be nice if there was.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to see every route that TS has in TSW, it isn't realistic. Every route in TSW has to be created from scratch regardless if it has already been created in TS or not. The only possible advantage I could see is DTG might have some research information already on hand or they could use the existing route as a reference which might save some time/work.

To be honest however, I would rather they NOT recreate any routes because by creating entirely new routes that gives us MORE variety. I have one exception to that however, and that is Marias Pass, this is still by far my favorite route, and I would be quite happy if it were recreated in TSW, however with the current trend of route lengths in TSW, I doubt it would ever happen. Marias Pass has mountain grades, high speed plains running, passenger stations and services, plenty of places for switching all up and down the route, it pretty much has it all to me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Lets be honest this will probably never happen - it make games in my spare time and trust me that's a lot of effort.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Do you know how long this would take? A VERY, VERY long time. Plus, Train Simulator has been out for years, even a decade,so yes it will have many more routes. If you want train simulator routes, buy or build a gaming pc and buy train simulator.

6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

DTG had asked last Friday on Twitter, which TS routes we would like to see in TSW.

So I think DTG thinks about porting some TS routes to TSW.

Especially with all the current travel restrictions that is a good decision. And we could see some of our favorite routes like Sherman Hill on TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainSim_Fan

DTG asked on Twitter which select routes we want it won't be all of them and you know if DTG adds all TS2020 routes then I'll give you all the money I have because IT WONT HAPPEN@

8. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll add the metro North Hudson Line to TSW because that line has been requested.

9. TrainSim_Fan

10. Big Papi34

Oh dang I didn't see that. Then again ive been off the forums for awhile, other than checking in on my notifications.

11. Big Papi34

Thats why they asked WHICH routes, not ALL the routes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t have seen it on the forum, I’ve been on the forum several times a day and there was no mention of it here. it appears it was only good enough for the Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I really wish DTG would stop ignoring those of use who don't care to use social media and actually USE their official forum for communication with their customers.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Big Papi34

Ah yes. The good ole twitter.

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's just community engagement, doesn't mean they have any plans to take any TSx routes onto TSW

• Like Like x 2