Auto Real-world Weather

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nox, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Nox

Nox Member

When entering service mode, there's a menu where you select the weather you want. It would be a nice feature if, much as in flight sims, it would retrieve the real-world weather at the location and offer the closest preset as a selection.

• Like Like x 10
  2. J van E

J van E Member

That would be nice indeed. But if real weather is too problematic I would already like a 'changing-weather-feature'. Like when it rains now, it rains the entire time. Would be totally awesome that for instance after 10 minutes the rain would stop and the sky would maybe clear a little. Maybe that is easier to get done than adding an entire weather system. Anyway, an option like real weather would have to be optional: I really wouldn't want to drive with winter weather all winter: it's in times like that that I would prefer to drive with summer weather, just like I like to drive in summer with autumn weather every now and then. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nox

Nox Member

Yes, it would be an option.

Having dynamic weather as you suggest would be great, but it would be far harder to implement than a preset based on the real weather at the start of your service. Either way, some options for DTG to consider!

4. BNSF650

BNSF650 Member

This would be cool if they could do this. Also would make for some cool sun sets

5. 37114

37114 Active Member

Available already in some flight sims already so it can obviously be done. I'd pay for this as an add-on if it was done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. J van E

J van E Member

Everything can be done but that doesn't mean it will be done. ;) Would be a nice DLC, yes.

7. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

While I support the addition of dynamic weather into the game, I cannot support it being a paid add-on. Implementation of features into the game should be free of charge. I am fine with the the addition of routes and locomotives being paid add-ons though.

8. Nox

Nox Member

Completely agree with you.

9. J van E

J van E Member

I suppose you are not a flightsimmer also? ;) Because a flightsimmer is used to pay for every feature, like weather but even also camera/view controls, single devices like a GPS, better trees, ATC... The thing is that a developer can only do and add so much: it is impossible for a developer to add everything. I myself don't see Dovetail adding a weather engine to TSW and if they indeed won't do that our only hope is on others to develop it and then sell it to us.

10. Nox

Nox Member

I have extensively used Flight Sim (and purchased many add ons, including feature-stuff such as EZDOK, REX, etc), and while it is true people have grown used to having to pay for every feature, it doesn't mean such a horrible system should carry over into this game. I think there should be a balance between the two extremes. Paying for routes and locos? Yes. Paying for a feature that improves the core experience? No. And the better the core experience, the more likely people will buy those extra routes/locos anyway. Just my opinion, of course, I understand no one is forcing anyone to 'buy' any feature/DLC they don't feel is worth the money.

11. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

I have derived hours of pleasure from TS2017 and hope to do the same from TSW. Regarding cost, I am retired on a basic pension, if i want an add on and think it is worth the money, i buy it, if not i don't. My Choice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

13. TheFirstOnly200

TheFirstOnly200 Member

Now Im thinking about this, it could be in TSW2

14. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

That would be great! I do try and select the current weather and time whenever I play just for that added immersion :D

15. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh god this post was revived it's almost been 3 years

16. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Didn't even notice that!

17. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You never know