Edinburgh- Dunbar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ballantyne, May 25, 2020.

1. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

Edinburgh to Dunbar would be interesting route that could be added to TSW2020, taking place in in the later end of 2019 towards the beginning of 2020, the reason why I’ve suggested this line is mainly due to the traction that could be used in this route you could have anything from 158s, 170s DMUs to class 390s, in other words there’s a variety of traction. However! The traction I’ll be talking about is the class 385 hitachi ScotRail and the class 800 hitachi LNER. The class 385 could run stopping services/limited stopping, whilst the class 800 could run a straight through run maybe stopping at Haymarket just before Edinburgh Waverley. I’m not all to sure on the stations that would be included on this route if anyone could add further detail to this thread I would be highly appreciative.
    the formation could vary between 3/4 coaches for the class 385 with having the option of running two sets of 4 coaches to make a set of 8, also having the hitachi run in a set of 9 coaches
    Here is a couple of images displaying the class 385 and the class 800

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

I couldn’t fit all the images in

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Route looks lovely, but its quite short so are there any other lines that split on from this to make it a little longer???????