German Ic Driving Cab /w Class/br 101

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xxjoda98xx1, May 20, 2020.

1. xxjoda98xx1

xxjoda98xx1 New Member

Dear Train Sim World Community,
    I want to suggest one of my favorite vehicles. Once the top notch of the german rail fleet in the early '70 and now a regular long distance train. German InterCity offshoot is through loads of work years. I'd suggest the full train (often 7 coaches or 11 coaches including restaurant car) containing Class/BR 101 and driving cab "Bimdzf" and the coaches of course. A road that would fit to the train I'd suggest Berlin - Eberswalde. Its a beautiful road of about 65 km in the north east of Germany with amazing landscape. Currently there are only 4 daily connections between Berlin and Eberswalde done by InterCity train (2 more done by ICE) due to the relief of short distance trains. InterCity trains have become rare since DB announced their new InterCity2 trains but those are by far unappealing.

IC driving cab Bimdzf
    [​IMG]
    Loco Class/BR 101
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

What route would you suggest this to be used on??????

3. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

You could use it on RRO and HRR (and RT if LL was upgraded) if you go by this year's schedule. The scenarios just wouldn't be that long.

4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

With a bit of fantasy and not too much correctness it could be used on MSB as well.
    Great suggestion. :cool:
    As an alternative loco the BR 120 (pioneer of the drive-train of the ICE) would suit as well:[​IMG]

But the 101 is far more common.

This would definitely require quite a lot of work in integrating the services but it would be a fantastic and senseful addition to nearly every german route. :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. xxjoda98xx1

xxjoda98xx1 New Member

A fitting route is hard to suggest because these IC trains are getting discarded at the moment. I was suggesting a part of railway line 203 (Stralsund - Berlin - Elsterwerder) where you can still find this train. Its amazing how fast you dive into intense nature right after leaving the center of Berlin. The current railway lines of Berlin and Brandenburg:
    https://www.bahn.de/p/view/mdb/bahn...laene/mdb_304702_191215_db_bb_sa_s_191104.pdf

I really like the idea of adding an alternative BR 120. More variety and work for the driver concerning the loco set up. I hope this is gonna get realised :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Jonah Junk

Jonah Junk New Member

The IC would be perfect for the TSW2 route Köln-Aachen.
    I like the BR120 more than the BR101 but both would be cool.

• Like Like x 1