West Somerset Railway Class 115 Dmu

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RobbieTheUltraGamer, May 26, 2020.

1. RobbieTheUltraGamer

RobbieTheUltraGamer New Member

Hello. I think that the Class 115 DMU would be a perfect DLC for the West Somerset Railway. I did post a thread about this two years ago in September time but I did not really include any detail. In this thread I will say why I think the Class 115 DMU should be added as a DLC for Train Sim World.

The Class 115 DMU is one of the most common trains on the West Somerset Railway.

Class 115:
    [​IMG]
    The Class 115 DMU is a 1st generation DMU which was built in 1960. The Class 115 DMU has similarities to the Class 101 DMU which is on the Trans-Pennine route and Tees-Valley Line as both the 101 and 115 are 1st generation DMU's. There are not many sets of Class 115 DMU's in preservation but The West Somerset Railway owns a 3 car Class 115 DMU set which is in preservation and is (as I said above) one of the most common trains on the railway as most diesel services on the railway are run by a Class 115 DMU.

I think this would be a great DLC added to Train Sim World as it would give the West Somerset Railway a DMU that is most frequently used on the West Somerset Railway in real life and this would also add another 1st Generation DMU to Train Sim World. I also think people would also like to see this added to the game as well.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

This would be a nice addition to the line. Out of interest does the 115 operate stopping services like the 47 or fast services like the 09.

3. RobbieTheUltraGamer

The Class 115 DMU operates stopping services and picks up passengers at all stations across the West Somerset Railway (like the Class 47). Norton Fitzwarren station is sometimes used to hold events and the DMU normally takes passengers to Norton and Back when there are events being held.

4. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if it could add an extra layer of services to WSR instead of just swapping out loco services

• Like Like x 2
  5. KingOfCunard

KingOfCunard Member

It might be easier to add the 101 in. It doesn't matter if the WSR owns a unit because the route is set during a diesel gala so loads of units would be there

6. RobbieTheUltraGamer

I can definitely see what you mean but slapping the 101 in would definitely not be as realistic as adding the 115 as a DLC as the 115 also does operate on diesel galas on the West Somerset Railway. Also adding the 115 would add more variety so you don't just have to drive the 101 all the time as the only 1st generation DMU in the game. :)

7. Gswales

Gswales Member

Good thinking and I agree it be ideal if added an extra service into the timetable and its something i have been thinking about for a few months now and the one idea i cam up with I have placed below.

An early morning run from Bishops Lydiard to Minehead on arrival at Minhead shunt to Yard after unloading

A possible lunch time run to Blue Anchor and Return to Minhead

An Evening run from Minehead to Bishops Lydiard

8. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Gswales yeah your timetable proposal for the loco, if it's ever released, sounds quite nice. So you know its 'Bishops Lydeard' not 'Bishops Lydiard'.;)