Organize Routes By Most Played

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, May 26, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I know, this doesn’t have anything to do with the actual gameplay, but why not? I would like a feature in train sim world that lets us organize the routes we own by most played or something like a “favorites” selection, instead of recently purchased. For those who own multiple routes, almost every consecutive route DTG has ever released, this would be useful so they could access their fav routes or their most played ones instead of scrolling to the end all the way. This makes it for quicker access. Say someone likes to play the NEC route often but has every route purchased as well, they would have to scroll and find it. Right now, this may seem like utter laziness, but, as DTG releases more routes, the list will get longer, and even more time will be spent looking for routes. Say they release 6 routes a year, by 2025, we’ll have 30 extra routes in the list, and even more on in the future, the list might top 100 routes. Does anyone want to look through this amount of routes? Even now, but still, it’s a lot of routes to look through. It might make a nice core feature in TSW:)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Ooooooh - you are such a tease.....! You know full well that a feature like this would involve counting stuff, and to make matters worse, the counting difficulties would be compounded by sorting stuff..... and then.... correctly displaying results...!!!

These are all extremely complex functions that are ill-suited to the computing environment of the current day, but to propose all of them at the same time...!

I do admire your "blue skies thinking", but until the tech has been developed, I'd imagine this sort of counting malarkey is a long way off. I don't think anything like this would ever work in TSW - it is far too complicated. ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed, this would be a nice feature although probably wont happen for a while to come.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is so much empty space on the route selection page that could be filled with, ooh I don’t know, more of your routes.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Being able to select your favorite routes would be great. Then those routes would show up first in your list or you could find them on a "Favorites" page.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

We need a filter system so the player can organise routes/Locos by type, country and most played,

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

Kinda like DTG did for TSW 2020, they still had to have a lot of dev time and work dedicated to even just modernizing and rebuilding the debrief screen and main menu, not to forget the AP system, improved HUD, and other bug fixes. That is certainly a lot of work. I thought this might be a good idea to take into consideration, I’m not pressuring or begging DTG for this feature. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

Of course, for future versions of TSW, not necessarily this year.

9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

It is a good idea, by the way. And there is an inkling of a possibility already there... if you can get the click count down in the TSW menu... to get you to the driver profile.... there is a space that shows your favourite route/traction - you just need a button there to pull-up a list, in order. Or, you could order the routes/traction on the bar at the bottom by distance travelled/hours played/completion/most recently used/etc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Whine, whine, whine! It's really such a shame that you have to go to all the trouble of picking out the route you want to drive rather than have some algorithm do it for you. Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Imagine the current 4-piece carousel in 2025 with 3rd party support and editor.
    Finding Peninsula Corridor is going to be Where's Waldo of Train Sim.

• Like Like x 3