Ts20: American Icon

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 27, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

The famed Baldwin “Sharknose” diesel freighter in magnificent Baltimore & Ohio livery comes to Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Darn, I thought this was a new loco. Oh well. It's a decent reskin at least.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  3. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Looks nice. I was hoping it would be a new locomotive too, but at least we're getting some more B&O stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

Wish we had more B&O routes.

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Would be nice if we got a mainline B&O route to run these on, feel like they are kind of overpowered for the Kingwood Branch route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Oh dear... Umm first off, I'm not one for payware repaints, as I may have already mentioned. They're a quick way to make a cheap buck if you don't feel like modeling an actual locomotive or piece of rolling stock. Second of all, there are many rather unfortunate (and basic)! inaccuracies that should not exist if I am investing my hard earned money for. These are simply details I noticed from the screenshot and in comparison with the prototype.

- The first issue is simply the lettering "Baltimore & Ohio." The ampersand should not be present, and instead replaced with the word, "and." (e.g. 'Baltimore AND Ohio').

- The second issue is the lack of a simple gold pinstripe lining the gray of the top part of the locomotive to the blue.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Well then. That's a big oopsie. I wonder if they'll fix it? $5 is pretty steep too, by the way. If it included scenarios I'd kinda justify it but all that this does (besides reskinning the loco) is generate potential for scenarios.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Depends if The Loco Shop wants to or not, though this is their 2nd reskin pack in the last few days.

9. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I just realized, even though this is something they'd have to partner with DTM to fix.
    Road-specific details. They were able to get the PRR-style antennas off, which is good, but things like horns, placement and orientation of grab irons, etc... If this is payware, they should make it as close to the prototype as possible. Then again, these are things perimissible with freeware reskin pack, but not a payware one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. benhhng

benhhng Member

B&O it is famous in reality model, many chess games can see it!