PC Peninsula Corridor - Celebration Train Setup

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kalteVollmilch, May 28, 2020.

1. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

while driving the Celebration train on PC (I believe it's #901), I noticed that only one of the two locos on the end of the train seems to be pushing, while the other loco just idles around.
    I took a look around, and everything looked to be set up correctly: MU2A-valve, train brake, independent brake, etc - in fact, the locos seem to be set up completely identically.
    Still, only one loco pushing.
    What makes this even weirder is the fact, that both locos use their dynamic brake when braking - so something is working, just not everything.

Has anyone got an idea what other controls could be messed around with in order to get both locos pushing?

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

I have no idea what the celebration train is but if there are 2 locomotives, in the trail locomotive:
    Control and Fuel Pump: In the off (down) position
    Engine Speed: In the off (down) position
    Generator Field: In the off (down) position

That’s the only thing I can think of. In the Lead locomotive, they would all be in the on (up) position. The MU valve affects the brakes so that you’re able to control independent brake remotely from one locomotive but has no effect on being able to generate power.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s a bug. They both work when driving from the loco end.

4. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I also just realized, I forgot to mention one thing: Both locos are controlled from the cab car, so I woud imagine they should both be set up as trainling locos, which they are, at least as far as I can tell

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You don’t need to do anything at the loco end to drive from the cab car under normal running with one loco in the sim and I think it’s set up the same way for the double loco train, as in the player doesn’t have to change any settings. Also, I don’t think the MU2A valve is even simulated in this loco. I could be wrong. So probably a bug of some sort.

6. thrashmetal86

thrashmetal86 New Member

That's correct. I noticed this bug when it first came out and tried every configuration possible. Nothing works.

The way it 'should' be is both locos set up as trailing in a MU consist, since the cab car is the lead 'loco'