PC How Should Start & End Destinations Be Displayed In Timetable Mode?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Reeonix, May 20, 2020.

?

How should start & end destinations be displayed in timetable mode?

This poll will close on Jan 20, 2027 at 1:31 PM.
  1. Destinations listed with their real life start & end points. Picture A.

31 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Destinations listed with their start & end points on the represented area in game. Picture B.

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. I don't care. Why am I even seeing this poll.

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. Reeonix

Reeonix Member

Picture A>
    upload_2020-5-20_14-29-31.png
    Picture B>
    upload_2020-5-20_14-28-18.png

2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on the route and your knowledge of it. I suppose, for example, on the GWE if it says Cheltenham to Paddington you know it is going to Reading to Paddington. It doesn't bother me much but I guess that it adds a little bit of realism by having the supposed destination, obviously it would be great if you could actually drive a HST to Cheltenham, but that's a different thread!

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

On German routes, where it would be helpful to know what to put on your destination board, it just shows where you drive in the game. On routes where there are no destination boards it gives you the real destination. Work that one out if you can. Bonkers.

4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I voted A. Otherwise, it's a hassle to set up destination boards.

The description of the timetable should provide info on the route you're driving.
    "Drive a High Speed Train on the first portion of its journey to Bristol, from London Paddington to Reading." is a great example.

I would take that any day over this gem:
    upload_2020-5-25_14-41-9.png

EDIT: Better yet, the best option would be a small timetable window after selecting a service displaying stops before loading the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Excellent idea. After the loading screens a screen could appear with all the details of the trip you are about to take.
    Service name and number. Class of locomotive and rolling stock.
    Destination, full timetable with all the stops you will make.
    Maximum permitted speed for your train, inc. PZB mode required, important for freight.
    This could come up once the service has loaded and you press your appropriate start key/button when you’ve read it and are ready to start.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Don't forget train length and weight. A kind of train report like in real world would be awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  7. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

I think putting g the full route on is the correct way to do it. For example if you are driving a Turbo all stations service out of Paddington towards Reading if you know the service finishes at Reading upon arrival you can shut down the cab and switch on the tail lights ready for the unit to depart from the same Platform like some journeys do!
    On the other hand if you are aware the service continues to Oxford for example, upon arrival at reading just open doors remove you're master key and leave ready for the AI to take the train forward.