PC Forum Suggestions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

How can we improve the new forums? Any features you'd like to see? Anything you'd change? Any feedback whatsoever?

Let us know here!

2. Nox

Nox Member

Would love a "like" button as well as the "upvote" button. That way we can 'like' posts, but specifically 'upvote' ideas we like for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

already present :)

4. Nox

Nox Member

Where?

5. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

the v is upvote the x is downvote

6. Nox

Nox Member

Yeah, I know. I'm asking for a "like" button as well :) Thanks for trying to help though, I'm enjoying the community here.

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I fail to see what purpose a like button would offer over an upvote button. The two sound like the same thing to me.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Nox

Nox Member

If I'm alone, that's fine. There may be a post someone likes, and wants to express that. If people feel upvote does the same thing, far be it for me to insist :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I would like a feature to mark all forum threads as read under a specific topic. I have looked and can't seem to find that option

10. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

+1 for this functionality from me.

11. Nox

Nox Member

Seems to be some issue with images being too large when it comes to ratings. For example, when someone rates a post I get a large notification image, making navigating them difficult.
    forumissue.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Harmsway

Harmsway New Member

I would like a link in members profile to view all post by member.

Update: I just figured out how to do it. Click on Members name then profile page.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  13. NutNut

NutNut Member

Would like a small badge on every post that shows which forum it was posted on.... when I come back and click the new posts link to see what is new I get all posts when I may be only interested in browsing the FSW or alternatively the TSW posts. It would just make it easier to identify the forums they were posted to as I browse the list of new posts generated. Otherwise, I am getting older and opposed changes merely as a moral stance.. lol so I am fine with the rest of the forums as they are.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rogge

Rogge Member

Make the search function better:
    If i in this forum search in the top right for fxaa i get no results. If i instead click on the More button and search either in All Forums or narrow it down to Train Sim World i get the proper result when i search.

Why don´t i get the proper result without clicking the More button?

15. Nox

Nox Member

This issue still needs fixing...

16. Jacko

Jacko New Member

I agree with NutNut above - the 'New Posts' page on the forum is rather overwhelming and confusing. The key reason is that there's no clue which main forum a post is part of, and let's face it, not all posters use meaningful or game-specific titles (and why should they, tbh?)

This results in posts appearing as potential suggestions or bug-reports for any one of the forums on the site, and it's not until you click on it and follow it through, that you realise "Oh, that was a suggestion for TS2018, not TSW", or "ah, that's a flight-sim frame-rate bug, not train-sim!"

As NutNut suggested, either an icon in the listing (showing what headline-level forum the post is a part of, as well as its sub-forum), or just generally 'better breadcrumbing' so that the head forum is listed too, would make it a bit easier to sift and skim through the new posts quickly, to spot the field you're most interested in at the time.

17. Jacko

Jacko New Member

Just discovered today that the forum automatically changes the capitalisation of whatever title we choose for our threads.

I'm guessing it's done to stop super-spammy or ugly thread titles like "PLEASE HELP ME I GOT SERIOUS &%$£*@ING PROBLEMS" and is there with the best intentions.

However, sometimes this auto-format can have unforseen consequences. It changed a thread-title of mine from "Can we meet the TSW Dev Team (DTG PR suggestion)" into "Can We Meet The Tsw Dev Team? (dtg Pr Suggestion)" which rather makes me look like I've forgotten how to operate my capslock key.

wHich I haVen't, I prOmisE yoU! ;)

18. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Maybe a top 5 thread reply section every 4 weeks. Where we can get feedback on our proposals. Aknowledgement of bugs, or simply from a dev perspective, tell us why somethings are more difficult in practice than theory.

19. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Suggestion of the day : maybe the devs can have a look on players critics on the forum ;)

20. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Maybe once a week or even once a month if you post on here about whats being worked on? keep it as a locked thread, no debates or questions just pure and simple, this is what weve done or are looking at improving in the near future? like 99% of other game developers.

Or is it the fact you dont like improving things or have time to put one post up a week/month.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.