Stainmore Valley Route From Steam Sounds Supreme.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trev123, May 23, 2020.

1. trev123

trev123 Active Member

When I try and start TS with this route installed it locks up my computer. When I uninstall the route TS starts up fine. Tried it again after installing the latest version and the same thing happens. SSS have never heard of this happening before and there only answer to my support email have I installed all the 5 files which I have done so.

2. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your distress with this route. I am intending to buy it, but will wait sometime now and hope this error is solved by then. I hope SSS issue you with a refund or get the route to work satisfactory from you. Good luck.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Peter Hayes did suggest on UKTS for another route to
    "Try installing it with Windows in safe mode
    Temporarily disable, UAC (lowest setting), AV and antiMalware and Firewall until installed"

It might be like the problem other people have been having with exe files

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  4. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Trev - Fixed this by reducing the number of Assets/Content that he had installed.
    pH

• Like Like x 2
  5. gabby2player

gabby2player New Member

Could any of the 'team' here or elsewhere help please: I have purchased this route (twice as I thought there had been an error installing it!) as it is the period I prefer and the whole offering, with all its assets, looks amazing. BUT ... I am finding it increasingly frustrating as every scenario I have loaded so far tells me there are certain assets (usually mineral wagons such as bauxite or conflats) missing. Is there a simple solution to this problem please? Thanks.

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

1) The simplest solution assuming you have the player (i.e. drivable) consist is to press F2 when that error window pops up, it will then give you two options [Save] and [Cancel], Click on Cancel (don't click save as you may wish to do option 2 or 3 at a later date) you will now be able to play that scenario albeit with the missing rolling stock mentioned in the initial warning.

2) The next simplest but potentially costly solution is to read the readme or manual that came with the route and ensure that you have all the route and asset requirements for the scenarios (most will be payware)

3) The last and least simplest solution (but completely free) is to download TS Tools and watch some Youtube videos on how to change consists and rolling stock in TS20xx.

7. gabby2player

gabby2player New Member

Many thanks for your advice. Reading the blurb advertising the route on the SSS site, it gave the impression that all these various mineral wagons were included with the route (as well as the locos which are NOT stated as missing when it almost loads until I get the 'missing items' error message) - a mystery. I'll try your options, although paying out any more for the wagon set is not an option I'm considering at this point.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member