Signal Passed At Danger (spad) Bypass

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Jun 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

If the devs read this please Add a SPAD Bypass so if you SPAD So You Could Drive the train to the Depot.
    Thanks
    Sorry for the lack of detail

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

If someone could explain this in detail? If this would be the case in reality?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

In reality if you derail you can't drive back to the depot, as the incident would need to be investigated. If you SPAD in reality you contact the signaller and proceed with your journey, no returning to the depot though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. montes_1234

Than you.This SPAD thing would be so cool to have like in reality in TSW. So not to have to finish the game but to have the oportunitty to propperly continue with the journey. Just one more clarification. What is the speed limit after the signaller give us the proceed?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

The signaller would probably tell you to proceed at caution to the next signal. At caution doesn’t have a defined limit but I’d say between 15-20mph. I.e. Able to stop short of any obstructions or signals

If you had a SPAD, you would be relieved as soon as possible. You would only usually take it to the next (major) station so another driver could relieve you. E.g. If you had a SPAD between Paddington and Reading, you would get relieved at Reading even though you may have been booked to go as far Swansea/Bristol/Exeter/Cheltenham.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. montes_1234

Thanks for clarifying. It would be great to have that implemented in TSW.

7. Olaf the Snowman

What? If a vehicle has derailed, do you know how much time and effort it takes to get it back on to the track?

Anyway, if a vehicle is slightly damaged even if it hasn’t derailed such as hitting another vehicle or buffer stops, it’s not straight forward as, “it’s not that badly damaged so it can go.” Not that I’ve been involved in one and I have no intention of finding out but I imagine a rolling stock inspector and a Mobile Operations Manager would need to come to the scene to investigate any structural damage to either train or infrastructure- I.e. track. There is bound to be damage that you’re unable to see such as couplings between coaches.

Aside from the physical damage, you’ve not even thought about the psychological effects on the driver. No driver would be fit to continue after any sort of collision or derailment. Even a SPAD is a extremely traumatising event.

I do agree that there should be a feature where you’re able to continue with your journey if you’ve had a SPAD as you may spent 60 min+ on a service to have it all wasted if you SPAD. It also means that if there are any faulty signals that stay red, you’re able to continue. But anything to do with derailment/crash is a big no.

• Like Like x 5
  8. montes_1234

Totally agree. I would like that after SPAD we should stop the train completely. Than contact the signaller and if ok proceed with caution till the next obstacle or signal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TrainSim_Fan

Why are you asking for train crashes again, this isn't the first time. Also dont put something to do with crashing and lol in the same sentence it can be interpreted as rude and that you think the subject is funny. If you want a tain crash this isn't the right game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim_Fan

Olaf The Snowman so you know this guy has been asking for an 'emergency services' simulator in TSW for a while. He wants trains to crash, and to go out and rescue passengers, he wants to robbers on the train. Kinda stupid really so many people replied to him saying that this won't work due to copyright, and so he deleted the post this is just him bringing the topic back up. I'd just ignore it to be honest.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  11. djhawtin1

One, the community likes this suggestion and also these things I mentioned actually get on people's nerves and this suggestion might just come to TSW

12. djhawtin1

One, I did NOT Ask for Robbers on trains so stop making this Pathetic Comments.

13. TrainSim_Fan

So now I'm pathetic. That's a bit ironic.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you get a spad or crash it’s because you’re doing it wrong. Game over, try again. No need for anything else.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TrainSim_Fan

Yeah stujoy that's what I think but djhawtin1 seems to think you need continue your journey after derailing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. djhawtin1

Well Say If The Light Was At A Single Yellow and Then Turned into a red and you didn't have time to stop? or you crashed because of wheel slip and went into the buffers?

17. Olaf the Snowman

1. You should be able to stop comfortably. If not, you’re braking way too late. Obviously depends on the location but assuming you’ve got nice long sections, aim to be doing no more than 40 mph past the single yellow and you can’t go wrong. Start braking as soon as you see the double yellow (or single yellow if 3 aspect signalling).

2. There is no wheelslip or what you should have said is wheelslide in TSW. No idea why you even think that’s an excuse. You shouldn’t be experiencing any wheel slip or slide in a buffer stop platform as I think they are all or mostly enclosed in TSW by a large platform canopy (e.g. Paddington, Brighton) so no idea how you ended up getting leaves/rain on the railhead. And even if you think there was a chance of slippery conditions, you should be extra cautious. I’d love to know what speed you were doing at the grids as I suspect it was well over 10mph.

What they should fix is the TPWS grids at the buffer stop platforms which should be set at 10mph so if you are going higher, the emergency brakes will apply. But they still haven’t fixed that since GWE was released.

• Like Like x 4
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If the signal was at single yellow and then went to red it means you are on a road and not a railway and what you can see is a traffic light :D. If you crash because of wheel slip then it is entirely possible you’re not playing TSW as it isn’t simulated :D:D but essentially you’re still doing it wrong. You can currently drive fairly quickly into the buffers now and you get a little jolt, the kind of speed that would likely happen due to sliding wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TrainSim_Fan

Even if you only tap the buffer, you still can't just drive off, even if its minor you would still have to be investigated - which is why the mission fails.

20. montes_1234

That would be ok. But if SPAD we should be able to contact the Signaller, after firstly stopped the train completely. And if given the permision to proceed we should do so with caution, so to expect the next signal to be red.

21. djhawtin1

I Had A Wheel Slip At the bay platform at Gemunden and I crashed into the buffers at 11 MPH So It Is Possible (in Winter Blizzard)

22. djhawtin1

One, I Did not ask to a continuation after you derail I asked for a spad bypass.

23. djhawtin1

'Single Yellow' Is A Train Term For Last Signal Before Red.

24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what you have now edited your post to make it say. Originally you included crashing as well.

25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

But you talked about a yellow signal turning red as you drove up to it which is technically possible but would never happen under normal circumstances. That’s how traffic lights work on a road but not how railway signals work.

26. TrainSim_Fan

djhawtin1 you just changed you post I'm not stupid. Wish I had the original quoted
    so I could show it to you. As a side note even if you just crash into a buffer at 11 mph it would still need to be investigated, so stop being a know it all, because in reality you seem to no nothing in the ways that railroads operate. Before someone says I dont either I would hope I would considering I'm a train conductor in RL.

27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No need to accuse the OP of not knowing things about the railway, not everyone here can know all the ins and outs of rail workings and some are just starting out learning about it all. The OP has taken a fair bit of ribbing from us on this thread already, and that’s probably why he edited the post to be fair. We all learn from posts and replies here and Olaf has given some great explanations, which is probably a better way to respond than we have. Time to draw a line under it, I think.

• Like Like x 3
  28. TrainSim_Fan

I have know issues if he doesn't know everything about railways. But he's acting like he knows everything about them, no need for him to argue with people who do.

29. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'm going to lock this one here as it doesn't seem to be generating anything positive.

If you disagree with someone's suggestion, please direct your dismissal at the suggestion, not the user.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.