PC Dtg Twitch Mods

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ehrenholt, Jun 2, 2020.

1. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I know this is the wrong board but can people agree that the DTG mods want everything their way. I've been banned on there for no reason. I ask a simple question about the M3 horn and Bam I've been banned. Can anyone relate to this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Is this on the live streams? Did you do that thing where you repeatedly ask the same question in the chat, over and over and over again? That’s the only thing I’ve seen people get banned for on live streams, although I don’t watch them all. I did see someone asking repeatedly about the M3 horn on one recent stream and it was getting very annoying and the mods warned them to stop, and said that they had been warned about that kind of spamming before.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Think you called someone out lol

• Like Like x 7
  4. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

They never warned me tho

5. JP_4468

JP_4468 Member

This is not the place to discuss live stream moderator actions. You was warned and you ignored, if you disagree, you need to put in a support ticket and ask for the senior moderators to look into it. Do not bring it here for the forum moderators to have to deal with you about it

• Like Like x 6
  6. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

You are not a Mod on here JP, I am allowed to express my thaughts. I have very poor wifi which means I miss messages in chat so sometimes it's impossible for me to see what you say. I am voicing the playerbases opinions

7. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I told you on your stream I have done, then proceeded to ban me

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I see that all the time on these streams. People ask questions, the question is missed or ignored. The person asking (investing their cash into the product) is then left in a situation of do I, dont I repeat the question. Then pounced on by a mod. Some more enthusiastically than others. Dosent look good at all. Mods are there to stop abuse and misbehaviour, surely. Nothing more.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

thanks for your input. It is much appreciated

10. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

With due respect to JP who has a thankless task in moderating streams, this is a perfectly fine place to comment on the way Dovetail Games manages chat when live streaming. As someone who regularly streams I know how easy it is to miss a question, or to answer something "fluffy" while missing something possibly more important. Obviously, at that point it's only natural to ask the question again in the hope it gets picked up.

Neither Matt or I duck questions, often we simply don't see them. Frankly, unless the stream is specifically Q&A oriented, they're really not a great place to get answers. Equally frankly, the answers you get are highly unlikely to tell you anything you don't already know. DTG have a method to announcing new things or changes or updates or fixes or... the list goes on... and it is not going to be something casually dropped into a stream where some fool is trying not to SPAD while chatting casually to those present.

The live stream mods exist to keep the chat usable and friendly for everyone taking part. Users who are excessively hostile - whether with reason or not - repeating questions endlessly, spamming constantly disrupt the stream for everyone else, and the necessary steps will be taken to avoid that happening.

That said, there is a fine line between appropriate moderation and heavy-handedness. If you feel you have been harshly treated by moderators on a stream PM me here and I'll look into it. It's not going to help your cause to discuss it publicly, but I'll leave that to your own discretion.

I'm leaving this open against my better judgement. Use that privilege wisely.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I have said this before elsewhere, but I think it is worth repeating here.....

The mere fact that senior developers and community reps are prepared to broadcast live online, now on a daily basis, and respond to questions via YouTube....is... frankly.... an utterly exemplary form of communication. DTG has had communication issues recently - but this live online coverage continues to be an impressive commitment, and provides unparalleled access to the development team. I have not seen this before with any other company - not in terms of frequency and depth.

I have seen questions missed, including reasonable questions. But on the whole you do tend to get more answers - and when a question isn't missed and can reasonably be answered, it does get answered.

I fully accept that part of this online activity is to build up a collection of topic based streams that will be viewed later by others as promotional material for DTG.... but even so... when it is live, you do get fantastic opportunity for access. So I suggest people make the most of it while it is available, as you'll miss it if when/if they stop doing it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Sam i've PMed you