Solution For The Mastery

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Sparmi, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Last week I purchased TSW for PC (sale action on Steam). Normally I'm a console player and the PC only serves as a working station. But this time it is a new and powerfull PC with a Nvidia RTX graphic card and a large SSD drive, so I couldn't resist to try out one of my favourite games. I registered at DTG Live with the same account I normally use on console and found out that the tracking for the mastery works perfectly on PC. After that I tried again on PS4 and nothing has been tracked.
    That means the tracking on console seems to be more difficult than on PC. So the problem is not the router speed or the internet connection. Meanwhile I unlocked all 4 dioramas for the mastery routes and I'm happy to use them also on console, because of the same account.

What I noticed by playing on PC:
    • SSD: is the fastest way to load a game, especially when it has large open world maps like TSW
    • LIRR: higher visibility, now I can see the new WTC skyline from "Sunnyside Yard"
    • Peninsula Corridor: water textures in the "San Francisco Bay Area" are now visible
    • CSX Heavy Haul: a long and nice mountain route, only playable on PC right now
    • higher resolution textures: trains lock sharper, more dirt and rust spots are visible
    • a disadvantage of high-res textures: much larger storage space, at least twice as high as on console
    Of course not everyone should buy a new PC now, just to unlock the mastery. Furthermore the publication of the next console generation: PS5 and X-Box Series X will soon be around the corner. May be the console tracking will be fixed until then... ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have experienced this as well. I noticed that sometimes on consoles the data from the mastery does not track but instead shows you have 0% done. I just reset the Dovetail Live from the game and it works fine!. Also yes the 9th generation of consoles (PS5 & Xbox series X) is right around the corner. I think both are currently scheduled to launch during the holiday 2020 or early 2021.

3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

In the end we found a solution for the tracking problem, on one way or another. I hope that the next generation of consoles supports backward compatibility and TSW will run on it too. Maybe another update can help. ;)

4. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Conclusion: the mastery finally functions, also on consoles. I created a new test profile on PS4 (under my account) and it is tracking perfectly, like on PC. Right now I'm only a few drives away from unlocking all the bonus content. I just miss the hot air balloons on the Northern Trans-Pennine route...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I do not agree. Solution should not include creating a new profile. It will only be fully functional if it tracks everything I do on my existing profile

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I found that if I rolled one trouser leg up, danced to one verse and one chorus of Agadoo, then loaded the game, only drank ginger beer whilst driving the trains, and when the debrief screen appeared arranged four different gemstones in to a rhombus, and chanted “Mastery” three times, that it increased the chance of that session counting towards the Mastery rewards by up to 42%. My record player is currently broken so nothing tracks at all, and these workarounds are always a pain. If someone confirms in the future that it works consistently on all platforms, regardless of your current level of completion and without the need to create a new character or buy novelty 45 singles from a charity shop then I might be interested in giving it another go.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I definitly agree, but you didn't have to delete your "old" profile and can of course continue to use it. The point is that only new profiles are tracked correctly. I don't know why already existing profiles still make problems. The new one only serves as a tool until everything is unlocked and then I also switch back to my "Level 329" one. If once the mastery is unlocked on your account then you have access, no matter which profile you use. ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO. Oh Stujoy, thanks for that man, you made my day. I realy needed a good laugh ! :-D

• Like Like x 1