PC Loading Stuttering?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by scoobmx, Jun 1, 2020.

1. scoobmx

scoobmx New Member

As I’m driving down a track, I’ll get little pauses maybe every few hundred yards or so and I’m not sure if that’s the game loading the next part of the track. Is there a way to force it to preload? I have 16GB of RAM and the game is on an NVMe SSD

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It could be many things, but it's most likely micro stutters as it loads the new parts/assets from the HDD, yes. Though you say your game is on an SSD, so that shouldn't be the case.

Have you checked if your CPU or GPU is on max usage during playing? Though those should simply result in slower framerates from what I know, not stutters.

Which route are you playing on, btw? Some routes are better performancewise than others, so that may also be a cause.

3. scoobmx

scoobmx New Member

This happens on every route. Outside of these stutters, the performance is pretty good. I'm getting 60 - 100 fps and it's pretty smooth, but the stutters are pretty jarring.

4. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Yes, it is the game loading the next tiles.
    Using a SSD improves the stutter times quite a bit, but sadly does not get rid of them. The most you can do is to wait for DTG to improve the loading of tiles in the background (which I believe they still have done to some extent)

5. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

im on windows 10 pro 2004 (May-June update)
    and to me the stutter is/seems less now
    i hardly notice it
    but it might be better to wait on updating windows 10
    depends on hardware etc etc
    there seem to be a few little problems with 2004