Edb>glq Add-on Route - Issue With Hst On Edinburgh Summer Free Roam Scenario

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by alirobb, Jun 4, 2020.

1. alirobb

alirobb New Member

I originally posted this with the new members section in error and have been advised to post it here as I believe it to be a bug:
    ==========
    So I recently purchased the EDB>GLQ route via FKK, and went to play one of the free roam scenario's (Edinburgh summer) which has a HST on the scenario at Edinburgh, however the brakes do not seem to work on the HST... has anyone else had this issue?

The only time the brakes function is via emergency but then they can't be reset because the air pressure doesn't release.... I don't have this issue on any other add-on (All other ECML's work fine and does all West Country add-ons with HST's).

I've been out to Dovetail, and provided a comprehensive analysis of the issue including 8 screen shots, and they've initially come back saying no issues have been reported and requested me to provide a load of additional info.... I do realise the Add-on is quite old, just wonder if anyone else has had an issue...Thanks
    ==================================
    Update 4 June:
    - I had originally uninstalled 2 workshops standard scenario's for the St Pancras high speed route, uninstalled & reinstalled the EDB>GLQ route, and the same issue persisted.
    - I followed the instructions from DTG, and have now sent DTG a Log-Mate report, which they are investigating and am awaiting a revert,
    - I have also this evening uninstalled every other add-on so the only games installed on my Train-Sim are from Steam - I then ran the free roam scenario - and the issue still persists.

In conclusion having gone to significant lengths in testing with and without any add-on's, I still believe there is an issue with the air brakes on the HST within this free-roam scenario.

Any feedback from other's gratefully appreciated.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

A train is a train - it does not normally behave differently on a different track

Do a Quick Drive on a Different route with the HST and see if the brakes works ok on that route

Peter

3. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

I think there was one HST released that was only meant as AI and the brakes didn't work on that one particular unit. That could be the unit that is being used in this Free Roam as I agree the brakes don't operate under normal application.

• Like Like x 1
  4. alirobb

alirobb New Member

Thanks for the feedback. and I actually uninstalled all the just trains add-ons ran the EDB>GLQ same free roam scenario and the HST still didn't work with air brakes release, then when I reinstalled, I used ECML and Western mainlines and HST worked fine. I'll await DTG feedback