London Zones 1-6

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsYa165, Sep 21, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

Train Sim World should be the first game to recreate a real location as an open map simulator. By this, I mean London. Now that passenger mode has been added, it will make the London Underground feel amazing. Not to mention Zones 1-6, including all the lines and buses. A ticketing system should be added to this, to make it realistic. Ticket gates should play a purpose, and passengers should be able to use tickets, as well as players (multiplayer would make it gg). However, I understand how difficult this would be (I don't really know anything). If players want London, they should play along with the program construction. London should be published, piece by piece, through updates and betas.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The whole of London is just an unrealistic amount of work and most of it would be just as boring as the real world is.. (backalleys, suburbs, nothing you realy want to explore..) Also it would be incredible big and the amount of work to create it is just unpayable..

But central London with its routes in and out of the city is very interresting for a trainsimulator and those available in TS2017 are my favorite routes. Personally i dont like the routes on whitch you drive for 1/4 Hour and besides a few signals there is nothing interresting routewise. The South-London-Network is my favorite route because its never that. There is always a junction just arround the corner, much traffic on multiple lanes, stops to wait for crossing trains.. Thats what i find interresting and love to drive.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Drawyah

Drawyah Member

Take a look at World of Subways Volume 3 London Underground by TML-Studios, they recreated the Circle Line within London Underground with about 90% accuracy (Notting Hill Gate station is the WRONG WAY AROUND, track leading to Harrow-on-the-Hill for the Metropolitan line just before Bakers Street does not appear, minor details and open areas within tunnels missing) and that simulator alone was in development for around 3 years...One line! Good luck living to see London Underground to release for Train Sim World.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

It would be pretty cool if you walked from Paddington to Marylebone, and have a big map with great western and chiltern railways :)

5. MikeLi

MikeLi New Member

Maybe it's possible to make more London lines (like London Victoria-Brighton or Waterloo out to Guildford and so on) and that you can simulate travelling between these stations with the underground.

For example; you just came in with one train from Reading to Paddington. Then you can go down to the entrance of the Underground, there you can choose to ride to like Waterloo. Then the game spawns you at Waterloo's Underground exit and the game time is 18min later now than when you left Paddington (cause that's aproximatly the travel time). Then you can ride train from Waterloo and it's a kind of realistic way to get there even if you can't actually go down in the Underground.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drawyah

Drawyah Member

Yes, that would make A LOT more sense than to create the entire line, maybe some generic cutscene or something in the middle.

7. Goldline

Goldline New Member

I would rather see more work on GWE and make the route longer for the HST, before moving over to other routes and stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  8. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

Some things are easier said than done unfortunately. Of course, making a huge map with the whole world on it would be very cool, but it would literally take many decades to make. Yes, you could start making something, then expand it further, but as the name of the game is "Train Sim World", it shouldn't just be about the UK, let's say making a route and expand it for the next 10 years. That would be more "Train Sim UK" than "Train Sim World". My personal opinion is, that when you have made something, you can make something else. You can then come back to it and expand it later on, otherwise we'd have that Train Sim UK situation.

9. Mackintosh

Mackintosh Member

I'd rather they made Train Sim UK if that meant all the interconnected mainlines, than have multiple disjointed, half-finished bits of track spread throughout the globe. I would love to play in my neck of the woods, but I would much rather ride in a populated, organic living and breathing world that is constantly upgraded and worked on. Like it or not, the American, British and German communities are the most active and proficient and that is where I feel DTG should focus their resources.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ItsYa165

This is a hypothetical concept. I'm not telling them to make this, its just a suggestion which I (somehow) came up with. Because if you've ever been to London for a day to ride trains (18 hours straight), then you'd understand why it would make such an Unlimited world. World of Subways 3 could have been better if it wasn't abandoned after the publish. TSW is a perfect opportunity to fill this gap in the 'what ever market that applies to a game idea'. Imagine it like this: What if 'World of Subways 3' was owned by Dovetail in 'Train Sim World' instead?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blue Fred

Blue Fred Member

Dude, I have seen a bit of London and man, ITS CONFUSING!

12. MarkusLiberty

MarkusLiberty Active Member

I would love to see a subway route, the most fun I've had in Railworks/Train Sim World is when I'm doing a busy scenario with lots of stations. Tunnels are fun too

13. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Personally, if they were going to do a London Underground route I'd prefer one with a good mix of above and below ground. An entire route in a tunnel would be a little visually bland.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ItsYa165

the london underground was the first subterrainian railway network to ever be built, so it seems right to have it in TSW as a modern day dlc

15. LewisInfiniti

LewisInfiniti Member

I know this is a fairly old thread, but eh.

I thought that maybe they could do the Sub-Surface network, since a lot of the stations are shared. They could start with the Circle line and expand it. (e.g: H&C to Barking, then the District to Upminster, then extend it west to Wimbledon, Olympia, Richmond and Ealing Broadway.) The Metropolitan line then only has the above-ground sections.

I thought maybe they could add it in sections. (Line by line)

- Then they could add each Deep Level line as updates if they so wished.

This is my personal idea of an acceptable and achievable way to somehow get the London Underground into Train Sim World.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019