Your Biggest Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

While I am still getting up to speed in reading posts on this and other forums (I'm going back 2 years in order to build a picture) I'm hoping you can help me in pulling together an initial please-fix list. I'd like to invite everyone here to name their biggest issue - it could be an obvious bug, something that doesn't ring true or something more general.

I'll compile this list and submit it to the development team for their feedback. Obviously, I don't possess a magic wand, infinite development resource or the power to command people to do my bidding, but I'm hoping that this exercise can establish the scope of what is and is not possible.

I'm repeating, a little, of what I've said in the Train Simulator forum here (some reorganisation of the boards is in order, let's save that for another time), but Train Sim World, like Train Simulator before it is an ongoing, living project. As a result, equal effort should be paid in improving what we have while always pushing forward. Perfection may well be unachievable, but that doesn't mean that we cannot aspire to more.

Set aside route requests - there'll be ample opportunity for specifics on that front - and limit yourself to one issue each in this initial exercise. Yes, just one issue per person - this won't be the last time we do this.

Thank you.

(apologies for the copy/paste post here, I'll reorganise the forums in the next week to help distill important posts to fewer locations)

2. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

The bug issues of this game needs to be fixed like the LIRR tunnel glitch. rro crashing when approaching Hagen. Passengers spawning on the tracks on the long island railroad route. Lack of passengers at stations as well. Passengers not getting off at the last stop of a station like Hagen HBF, Penn Station, Hempstead, London Paddington and others. Passengers not boarding trains. These issues should've been addressed months ago.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Since the PC thread should cover most glaring bugs/needed fixes , i'll stick to something Xbox-specific:

I'd like to see an Xbox One X enhancement patch, and a commitment to Xbox Series X upgrades once the new console releases this fall.

4. jiroo92

jiroo92 Member

Game crashes often in NTP driving near Miles Platting area. Same issue also appears in RRO and RSN when nearing Hagen HBF.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for putting so much effort in it! This is really cool and for us community members a very nice feeling to have a chance to be actually heard. If I'm honest, I didn't have that feeling in the last couple of weeks anymore due to the reduced presence in your forums.

So it's really a honorable step forward. I hope you get enough energy to read all these posts of the last couple of years. Coffee might help :D

Back to topic, for me (on xbox) the most noticable issues with the highest priority would be (all mentioned in different threads before):

1. NTP: game crashing when approaching miles platting.
    2 NTP: Sometimes unannounced red signal at the entrance of standedge tunnel when driving in direction Huddersfield.
    3. NTP: Class 47 lack of power
    4. RRO: game crashes when approaching Hagen (although far not as often as NTP)
    5. Peninsula Corridor: Water texture in bay area being displayed correctly, esp. visible between South SF and Bayshore
    6. LIRR: Penn tunnel graphic issues
    7. NEC: ATC bug before penn tunnel (sudden emergency braking), draw distance of objects
    Edit: 8. GWE: is it really THAT quiet in a class 166?

Besides that I would have some ideas for a complete timetable overhaul in MSB, but since this isn't a bug I'll keep them back... :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Personally I'd simplify the forum first so its easier for yourself and us to use and pick up from....
    Most of the issues exist over various platforms, so although I think by using the Xbox board would be best you often find better info on other boards....
    Also, would it be possible like proboards to have a 'new' icon to click on, rather than just seeing unread threads being marked as bold? I know on proboards it saves activity, so you simply don't have to scroll down through stuff to rejoin where you last read....

• Like Like x 2
  7. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

I have had an issue with RRO where if I open the map the game would crash. If I can recall correctly it was one of the afternoon freight trains leaving Hagen HBF in the DB 146.

8. aaronmcintosh2011

aaronmcintosh2011 New Member

I just purchased Rhine Ruhr Osten and the game crashes everytime approaching Hagen-Wehringhousen. This seem like a known issue with many users so I hope this can fixed

• Like Like x 1
  9. aaronmcintosh2011

aaronmcintosh2011 New Member

By approaching wehringhousen I mean heading towards Hagen HBF from Wuppertal

10. JModulo

JModulo New Member

Class 47 lack of power.

11. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

As mentioned the Class 47 does seem to be underwhelming. Given the grades on NTP is possibly supposed to be a bit more challenging than GWE, but?
    GWE agree with quietness comment. Although I can't specifically say the 166 is 'that' quiet (never really noticed either way in dozen or so times travelled on one last year), underfloor engine vehicles do tend to be more noisy in passenger saloon - maybe different experience up front?

However, my annoyance with TSW is that it DOESN'T reward you to trying to do things prototypically. Unless you start in Timetable mode you are dropped in at the scheduled departure time and IF you set up running lights and tail lights, safety systems, passenger lights, destination displays, instrument lights you start the journey already 'on the back foot' and fighting to make up time. Also although always quoted in Tutorials about providing a smooth ride for customers there's no recognition for this or driving the vehicle "efficiently".
    When driving (UK) freight trains the speed limit quoted is always the LINE speed NOT the ACTUAL speed dictated by the Class of train being driven. And compliance with speed specific to the Class of train or to a given locomotive is not recognised.

• Like Like x 2
  12. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I am no train expert...
    But the one thing I feel that the simulator is missing is the guard?
    You pull into the empty station on the NTP 20 seconds late, surely in real life you wouldn't sit there for 30 seconds waiting? No you would open and then close the doors and pull off?
    The only way to make up time is to speed (which is impossible in the 47 in which my vacuum cleaner has more umph) which kills the AP score.
    The simulation creates no urgency, no observation issue of a cow on the line or a tree falling, "you've picked the train up late at x station and need to catch up some time as there is threat of lots missing connections" What I find the game great for is to unwind and literally think of nothing other than the view, for example on GWE you can set the 43 up to 125 set the throttle 2 and sit there for 20 minutes on your phone until the approaches to Reading. There is often not even a fear of a red signal. At least NTP and TVL you are having to play with speed limits and signals. Talking of which, and makes me sound hypocritical does anyone else wish there was a 43 to go straight on out at Darlington on the 125mph section of the ECML track rather than going left towards Saltburn in the 101 on to the 60 mph track...

Sorry for my rambles.

David

• Like Like x 2
  13. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Don't you mean you can sit there for 20 minutes eating a pasty?

• Like Like x 1
  14. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Unless its boiling hot, a pasty shouldn't take 20 minutes to eat? I would have hoped to have eaten that before the Acton... :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Couldn’t agree more with this, it was tweeted about back before TSW was first launched that it would be Xbox enhanced and still shows today on the Xbox One X enhanced list that Train Sim World is available now and is enhanced, 4K UHD and HDR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Oh dear - that is very very naughty....... Microsoft will be very displeased if someone reports this to them.

17. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

I'd like to have some new British Routee added instead of loco after loco. I'd really love to ha e the London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour line with the class 444 and also the class 442. It would be nice as well to extend the East Coastway line so you can drive to Hastings

18. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

My biggest gripe on xbox is having to access the map each time before you can leave the cab.

19. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

I've never need to use the map (other than to switch points) you just press 'Y' to stand up and go to the door....

• Like Like x 2
  20. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this thread to summarise. Thank you all for your contributions.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.