Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Like?
    I’m interested

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I wondered about Rugby..... Partly because I think this is broadly the southern end point of a TS1 route on WCML (Trent Valley):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/325954/Train_Simulator_WCML_Trent_Valley_Route_AddOn/

So if this section was then ported to TS1, then (I think) you'd get the entire WCML route from Euston to Glasgow on TS1.... Maybe. Not sure... There's certainly more freight opportunities if they do this route out of Euston and take it Rugby.

And if they now "have the tech" to do a route of 82 miles, and keep the price down to £25 on release (and ultimately £8 in an annual three-pack with two other £8 routes)... then that would be a welcome turn of events indeed....

• Like Like x 2
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I... I don't know, I just kinda remembered it from somewhere. Looked it up in the route suggestions section again but couldn't find it. I thought there was some combination of Glashow suburban routes someone suggested that could work? I may just be completely mistaken, sorry lol

But I DO know there are non-networky scottish lines that could work, like one of the routes between Glasgow and Edinborough or maybe the Fife Circle Line. Both are just pushing the length limit we've seen so far, and would thus work as "longer" routes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Scotland, the only network I can think of is around Glasgow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. raildan

I'm pretty sure that's what I was thinking of too. I don't know much about Scotland either...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

This was posted on their social media's.
    EZxFvNjWkAAOJq5.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. raildan

Ooooh, building up hype, it seems...

...I'm just guessing TSW 2021 + deluxe edition UK route or something, but I guess we'll see.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I think so, bundled with East Coastway, Haupstrecke and everyone's favourite NA route Oakville.

• Like Like x 2
  9. raildan

Oh boy, I just can't wait...

(note: sarcasm contained in post)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I would think that in the collectors edition it has East Coastway, Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr, Oakville, New route and Great Western and Tees Valley.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hey, I saw that in today’s Friday roundup email from DTG, oooh can’t wait to see what DTG has been planning out.:D

Also, at first I thought it was one of their streams for entertainment during quarantine, but then after u showed it, oh, it really hyped me up!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Plastic Pal

They are going to announce that after 18 months of hard graft doing some testing.... that the Class 47 has finally been fixed.....! Hooray.....!

• Like Like x 3
  13. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Never mind that, im getting bored of terminating my trains at miles platting...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plastic Pal

I do like a puzzle..... the blue, yellow and red beneath the typeface are/were the corporate colours of:

- South West Trains (plus orange) - SWT Class 319 or Class 73 could be nice.....
    - East Midlands Trains (plus orange and white)
    - Thai Railways

Anyway - I am sure that the colours underneath the typeface are a clue. The sloping red makes me think of a Thalys... but they don't have the Ukrainian blue and yellow on them.... Or maybe a Class 801/2/3..... I reversed the colours and the shape of the 800 popped into my head... maybe they have upgraded GWE with the 800.... (and let the 33 and 52 loose on the same line....?)

Maybe the Parry People Mover to/from Stourbridge, as a new route...? ;-p

• Like Like x 3
  15. MetrolinkF125#916

Wow, coincidentally a list from Wikipedia saying “list of BR corporate liveries pops up when I look up any trains/railroads with red blue and yellow in them, haha, well I can only find that a “SouthEast” livery is upon the results, maybe a route with that railroad is coming?

upload_2020-6-5_17-43-20.jpeg

I also noticed that this pic is at London Victoria station, and, after a brief research web “trip” (again, I’m not familiar with British routes), that is the same station that East Coastway is located at, aka Brighton, and aka again as, well, London Victoria. I also found out these railroads serve the station: SouthEastern (I think b4 that it was called just SouthEast?), Southern, and Gatwick Express. Maybe that could be a hint? Maybe DTG wanted us to look further deep for hints?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Route announcement + TSW2021 rebranding + Editor release date is my guess.

Just kidding on the editor, that's never coming out

• Like Like x 7
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

You're well within your rights to dispute my baseless speculation....just as I am well within my rights to dispute yours -- No it isn't :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Inside info on the new update:
    -HUD changed to orange
    -Timetable mode name changed to 24h mode
    -New British route (Loughbrough-East Midlands Parkway)

Disclaimer: sarcasm

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think its a simple rebranding, and not about one particular route. There are some convincing theories for NSE or EMR, but those elements shown dont look like parts of a train to me, but simply a design.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

The blue/yellow made me think of a Dutch NS train, which makes more sense next to what is potentially DB Red. The Ukrainian railways blue is a bit of a lighter shade compared to the one depicted (I visited and travelled on those trains earlier this year).

This could all just be baseless speculation though...

*I would be happy with anything Dutch or Ukrainian appearing however.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  22. Plastic Pal

I think that London - Brighton is inevitable at some point in the future. Apart from anything ese.... and I can't believe I am saying this..... but.... it is the iconic route of train simulation.... LOL.... given that arguably it all started with Southern Belle. But the "anything else" bit is compelling... route length, sharing the Brighton shed, sharing bits of rolling stock....

Regarding the teaser.... well... having slept on it... I have decided that there is no train there - it's just a bunch of lines, like a Powerpoint background template. The colours might be meaningful... the red being German.... the blue/yellow being a bit like CSX colours... but I can't get anything to logically hang together in my head... say, as a pack for TS 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

I don't believe it, but the blue and yellow has all the colors of the new NYC Subway livery. For as heavily requested as it is (albeit all one-liners), it's a possibility. It could also be the colors of the new M9s but the M3 was just released so I doubt that too.

• Like Like x 1
  24. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Looks like Intercity 125 and Intercity Swallow liveries to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Hmm interesting. Fits in their tendency to make old BR routes and can reuse the HST.

• Like Like x 2
  26. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The colors in the teaser match the Swedish and Danish Flags (as most of you probably noticed) but more specifically match almost exactly with the scheme in the rail portion of the Öresund bridge that is the only rail link between Denmark and Sweden. A potential route could be Copenhagen to Malmö which is around the same mileage of track that other routes are. I know it’s a bit far fetched since DTG have never really left the US/UK/DB sphere, but it’s the closest clue that was discovered.
    CF2102F5-0346-4A71-A6C4-6FF5F3D4B3AD.png

**Note: This connection was not discovered by me and was taken from a Facebook group. Credit goes to Marc Jean**

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I’m not surprised it being Sweden I was hoping it might have been a extension for the Lirr.

• Like Like x 1
  28. raildan

Oooh, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed that! That would be pretty... interesting. Maybe it's unlikely, but it would be pretty cool.

However, there's still a few problem with this idea IMO... with all the hype of introducing new countries, you'd think they'd make a slightly loner route, more like 70km than 40km. A 40km route where half the scenery is just water is... kinda lazy, and this would be the flagship danish/swedish route for a while, so surely it would make sense for them to put extra effort into it if they're gonna hype it up so much, right?... Especially since it's only about a half hour run across the whole route, it looks like, and there's fewer switching opportunities to make up for it.

The other problem is... the bridge part, while cool, would be kinda boring. Not much scenery. I remember a while ago someone asked them about the Channel Tunnel and Matt responded that it would be too boring, suggesting that similar sea crossings would be out of the picture too. Maybe this would be a bit better since it's a bridge, though...

Heh, sorry, but I really don't think this is even remotely likely. What would the red stand for?

Personally, I'm still sticking to the theory that it's nothing but TSW2021 and the bundle of 3 existing routes it contains... but they could be hinting at a fourth route for the package as well for the "deluxe edition," kind of like Peninsula Corridor. And who knows, maybe it's the Øresund Line... but IMO it's probably just British. and we may only get a hint at what it is in this announcement like we only got a hint at Peninsula Corridor.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  29. MetrolinkF125#916

Ur right, we did get a hint at the announcement of TSW 2020, since they showed that “something new” section with the overhead view of the rails, maybe they’re up to something [sticks thinking emoji here].

• Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Methinks that if white was an important colour in whatever this is then it would be more prominent in the image. As it is there is barely any white there. Nobody has talked about the scratched silver with the dirt on it yet ;). That’s very prominent and could be the most important part of the image!!!

• Like Like x 2
  31. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Our new community manager did mention that DTG wants to be more transparent on projects. Maybe along with TSW2021, we will get a new batch of countries to look forward to driving in!
    I also noticed Bungie will be announcing something about the future of Destiny 2 on the 9th, it would be great to see some info regarding the next generation consoles and if we will be able to play TSW+DLC. Wouldn’t mind part of the surprise being TSW2021 including Sandpatch on consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Plastic Pal

I think that this is the most convincing idea so far - it would explain the exact blue/yellow used, plus the presence of red... against the black background. You could also imagine the crosses on the flags in an animation, etc.

I'd also really like the Öresundståg IC3s.... but I am not sure whether they would be generally popular....?

It is also possible the Malmo to Copenhagen route is/was fast to build, with the long bridge (and water and sky for scenery), plus quite a few long tunnels on the route under the airport, etc.....? 53km (33 miles) is an unsurprising route length. And there would be a genuine 24 hours timetable, with trains right through the night....

Most importantly, there are also good meat-eating and beer-drinking opportunities, as of course Danish bacon is the best in the world, and Carlsberg is probably the best beer in the world (probably).... And then there's Swedish spicy meatballs from the local Ikea, sloshed down with a splash of Blå. So the same locations could be used in Train World Railfan 2021..... ;-D

• Like Like x 2
  33. UnlimitedMagic

I would warn people to get TSW2020 now before they become burned with TSW2021.
    Oakville has annoying bugs
    HRR is short
    RRO is short
    ECW is short but decent
    They are all short but one has annoying bugs
    Unless they fix Oakville for release we may not be getting satisfied customers

I would rather get people saying:
    "The routes are short but TSW2021 is really nice" than
    "Routes are short and TSW2021 has annoying bugs
    I really want the best from this game so I hope they fix stuff for the routes they wil make

• Like Like x 2
  34. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

I mean the Öresund line would be pretty cool to have in TSW both because it is two new countries in one go and because it is the longest bridge in Europe going both above and under the sea. It goes underground via the man-made island of Peberholm to avoid airplanes crashing into the bridge as Kastrup Airport is located next to the motorway/railway.

If you want to get an idea of what the route looks like from a drivers point of view I recomend this video:

And if you want to see some more of the EMU used across the bridge (X31K) i recomend this channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9hbVu41egKQqgNUz0WBZ9w/videos

Øresund_Bridge_from_the_air_in_September_2015.jpg extET_4314Lund190802stor.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  35. Plastic Pal

This would not be everyone's cup of tea... but I would buy the route...theoretically..... But unfortunately, I am unable to buy any routes or loco DLCs for TSW until the Class 47 is fixed.

So if this route does get released, then I will be especially saddened because I would like to buy both this route, and the Class 20.... but as it stands, this just isn't possible, because of the ongoing situation with the Class 47.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. UnlimitedMagic

It’s nice but the front of that train looks whack

• Like Like x 2
  37. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Agreed. The front is not my cup of tea either. Some other trains do operate the route though that I'd rather see, for example:

X2000 High Speed (tilting) train
    extX2_Toreboda.jpg

X61 Regional train
    Alstom_Coradia-Nordic_098_Skånetrafiken.jpg

Would really like to see these EMUs added but don't believe they will be released with the route unfortunatuly. The cab of the X31 is quite ugly too by the way IMO. THe route is spectacular but it goes underground/across the bridge the majority of the time. Therefore I'd like the route to be done all the way to Lund if this is the route that will be released. We shall see on tuesday!

forarplatsET4339_2007.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  38. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

As a wild guess, I'll go for Tuesday's announcement being a route, part of the ECML, including........

2273-2.jpg

Though I'm probably wayyyyy of the mark

• Like Like x 3
  39. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Yep, that's what I thought aswell. Though the red does not really match the one on the GNER livery, maybe the red/white is for LNER? I do hope that they will make something that's not UK, US and Germany one day. Doubt it will be Swedish this time, but I really do hope so!

*EDIT*
    The gray on the Azuma 800eds would explain why there's gray in the picture DTG posted. Would be fun with the Öresund line, but I believe it will be ECML. Concidering the usual length of TSW routes it would be something like London - Stevenage or Newcastle - Darlington

• Like Like x 3
  40. raildan

I'm gonna have to personally disagree with this, I love the IC3/Flexliner family aesthetics, it looks cool IMO, especially in Öresundståg livery! Come on!

...but yeah, BIG plus of the route is that it has classic trains from both sides of the border, so you can fully experience Danish trains and Swedish trains in one route.

And, knowing DTG's tendencies to reuse things, a DB BR 185 would work for cargo...

Yeah, this theoretical route would probably just have the X31K and BR 185 (and maybe the X61 if it continues to Lund), considering how well the X2000 would sell as a loco DLC. On the Danish side, they could even have diesel IC3 or IC4 trains to the airport... probably also as a DLC... and maybe as a 2-pack to make up for the fact that you can only drive them on a very short portion of track.

Still not convinced this route is very likely, but eh... I know I'd buy it

• Like Like x 3
  41. andoarmd

andoarmd Active Member

Yeah I do like the X31K too but it's just the front with the rubber ends that I don't like. In the end they are my local commuter trains and I do like them for their exterior (excluding the front) and interior. Also the sound they make is absolutely phenomenal. If DTG concidered creating this route with the EMUs I'd be really happy but I don't believe that they will do it because of the relatively small fanbase in Scandinavia. A British or German route would sell just because that's were the masses are, sadly I don't think this route would be profitable

• Like Like x 1
  42. volvolover1972

Also the theoretical Copenhagen to Malmö route would pass by the airport and there are airport shuttles services from Copenhagen station to the airport. This theoretical route has the potential to have a lot of variety in service mode. Personally I think variety in service mode is a huge deal for replayability. That’s why I don’t really find myself going back and playing Rapid transit often for example. Unrelated, but didn’t Dmitri say a while ago on a stream or something that “you’ll see why” that we would have to wait longer for the next route route announcement? Or was that debunked?

• Like Like x 2
  43. jasonpfc

• Like Like x 3
  44. raildan

• Like Like x 2
  45. volvolover1972

I wouldn’t get any hopes up too much for a Swiss route from Rivet games. Somehow I don’t think they would tweet a screenshot of a route from TS if the announcement was for TSW. I could be completely wrong though.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Plastic Pal

I am not sure that would work quite as well as you might think/hope...... having mid to far distance mountains do a late pop-in will be a bit immersion breaking....... ;-O

• Like Like x 1
  47. Plastic Pal

Whatever this might be... I do wonder whether the Stirling Office has actually tested it this time..... to see if the rolling stock will fit to the loading gauge of the track......

• Like Like x 1
  48. TrainPhotos_

TrainPhotos_ Active Member

Well, they can't post a screenshot of the "coming TSW route" (if it is true). Maybe they posted that to give some clues about the coming content. But I don't know what's going to happen.

• Like Like x 4
  49. jasonpfc

Personally i dont think its linked, just thought its a little co-incidental that 2 announcements are coming next week

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. TrainPhotos_

TrainPhotos_ Active Member

A moderator at the Discord server of the Train Sim Community said:

https://twitter.com/RivetGames/status/1269690812767633409
    Could that be related to the DTG announcement? Lets find out next week.

• Like Like x 2