London Underground

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malcolm Hinton, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Malcolm Hinton

Malcolm Hinton New Member

Hi there new to this forum and wanted toask can you drive the London Underground on TS2020 I purchased some undergroundstock and the London to Aylesbury route on Steam but after driving a bit of it last nightrealised I wasn’t actually going underground I’m new to this side of the sim so can anyone help Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I believe South London Network has underground sections. I do not know about the route you reference, however, as I don't have that one and have not really read up on it besides looking at the scenario requirements. I know other routes have underground areas, too.

3. Malcolm Hinton

Can’t find Just Trains dedicated Metropolitan Line add on, on Steam

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. Malcolm Hinton

Thanks Peter so I can download off Just Trains and play it on Steam ?

6. AyrtonS8

AyrtonS8 Well-Known Member

So when you purchase and download a product from Just Trains, in this case the Metropolitan Line, you will get an installer. Just run the installer and that will add the product to your Train Sim install. Then just run/play Train Sim as you normally do and you will find the product in Train Sim along with the rest of your content.

I take it the London Underground stock you got was the S8 on Steam?

7. Malcolm Hinton

Yeah it was the S8

8. Malcolm Hinton

I noticed on Just Trains something called London Underground Simulator is that an add on or a stand alone Sim it’s only one route although interesting

Attached Files:

9. AyrtonS8

That is a different sim. I haven't played it myself though so I can't really say what its like.

Metropolitan Line for Train Sim though is very good I feel. I enjoy driving on it. You get the entire Metropolitan Line so different destinations to travel to and from and the London Underground signalling is something cool to learn on the route.

10. Cyclone

You can buy it off of Just Trains, but I don't refer to it as playing on Steam. It would install to the same folder as the Steam install, so it works within the game. Note, however, that I don't believe the London Underground comes with any train or scenarios, and I did once see a sale on a bundle with a train and about 14 scenarios, so if you want to have something to play it with I'd wait for that sale again (the bundle is $57 USD otherwise, but it dropped to the price for the route itself at one point).

11. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

13. Cyclone

I see, interesting.

14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

WoS 3 London Underground is a good game, the graphics and route assets are actually rather good, the sounds aren't too bad either (apart from the looped ambient chatter at stations). You get to walk around the train and platforms a bit like TSW and the trains are interesting and engaging enough to drive (even though there's only one actual type) ..

WoS 4 New York Line 7 Adds a bit more to the game with it's depot interaction but by god it's got to be the most cringe fest voice acting & story telling of any game I think I've ever played, so much so I'm glad I only paid a couple of quid for it in a sale.

I do not own 1 or 2 so cannot comment on them. Also as far as TML-Studios are concerned these games are completed and too old now so there'll never be any modding or DLC expansions for either game or receive any core updates or bug fixes (of which I've not had any issue of tbh) you get what you get and that's it.

Tbh even though these titles are fun in their own quirky little ways (and WoS 3 really is the better all round game of the two) I'd actually recommend only getting these on Steam when they are dirt cheap in the summer (or other) sale.

I'd seriously think about going for the Just Trains Metropolitan line which you can further expand upon with additional rolling stock and scenarios, no doubt more of the underground network will be added in time too, and of course it's TS202 so hundreds of other DLC's and mods to whittle away your money and time in equal amounts.

Please bear in mind that I'm in no real position to recommend the JT option as I don't yet own it as it's not cheap at £39.99 (bundle), I just know that when the price is right I'll definitely be adding it to my collection.

Final note, there is also the Virtual district line whilst even though it's freeware you require a fair bit of paid content (inc the JT Metropolitan Line) more information here >> https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/virtual-district-line.html#

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The World of Subways are just Stand Alone games where you just run the one type of train in a number of different scenarios

16. SJA

SJA Active Member

World of Subways standalone sims have different controls and feel a fair bit different to the TS20xx series. Graphically decent, but buy cheap in a sale IMO, as they have limited scope as standalone's with no extensibility.

As for JT's Metropolitan, it's lovely but can be hard on the frame rates with max graphics/AA settings. You also need to buy a train (which you'll need to read the manual for) in order to run modern scenarios -- about 40 quid's worth in total if you buy the bundle with route AND S7+1 train together

17. Malcolm Hinton

Sorry folks more issues I can’t find the underground tunnel sections on any of my routes it looks like I haven’t got the complete route installed can someone help please

18. Malcolm Hinton

And I definitely purchased it from JT and the folder is on my desktop just un installed it and I still got some of the underground routes on Train Sim I’m so confused

19. SJA

SJA Active Member

I think we should narrow it down. Which routes do you have installed? Your OP says London to Aylesbury although this only has a stretch of underground. Is this the single route you're having problems with or are there others (i.e. did you buy JT Metropolitan or download the District Line)?

My post edited for clarity.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are no parts of the LT Network on the London to Aylesbury line that are proper Underground sections

If you wanted the route to feature Underground Sections of the Metropolitan route you need this
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/...s7-plus-one-advanced-underground-stock-bundle

Peter

21. Malcolm Hinton

Need to check what I purchased

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  22. Malcolm Hinton

D2ED2E32-A1A2-47D7-BECC-4B8D3E8538FF.png That’s what I purchased

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

According to the write up there are no scenarios for this route, so you will not see anything under Career or Standard tabs

24. Malcolm Hinton

It’s mad I got Wembley Park to Amersham section so £40 for Wembley Park to Aldgate including the tunnel sections is expensive

25. SJA

SJA Active Member

The complete route will be installed, in that case (unless something went extremely wrong during installation both times). You get the S8 minus a cab/controls view to drive the route but honestly you can drive any third rail train on it if you just want to drive it and check it.

If you go into Quick Drive from your front menu within train simulator and choose a train plus your start point and end point like in my attached image, and let us know if it works. As I mentioned, just choose any train but you might want to make your start point Aldgate to start in the tunnels.

Attached Files:

26. Malcolm Hinton

In that case somethings not right because Chesham doesn’t show in Quick Drive will double check tomorrow

27. SJA

SJA Active Member

Yeah take a look Malcolm and see what occurs. Post a screenshot if you can, as if nothing else, it will help to clarify what you'd need to put into a support ticket should you need to raise one with JT.

28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

29. Malcolm Hinton

Wouldn’t you say something is wrong

Attached Files:

30. Malcolm Hinton

Missing cab and carriage looks like

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Contact Just Trains Support - they built the route and the trains and you will get a quick reply

32. SJA

SJA Active Member

The first screenshot does look rather odd with the missing carriage (I'd send that to JT for review).

Re: the missing cab is part of it -- the default train comes without a cab controls view and it's documented on the page under "Detailed Description". But that carriage missing is not something I can replicate on mine.

Also if you are still having problems selecting Quick Drives from anywhere other than Watford and Harrow OTH I'd send a screenshot of your "Depart" and "Destination" selection area, as per the bit circled in my earlier screenshot.

33. AyrtonS8

So in those screenshots, it looks like your using the AI version of the S8 so you will get that view as there is no cab or passenger view. Yes it is drive-able but really it is only meant for AI. You were better off getting the Metropolitan Line and S7+1 bundle as that includes the complete train with cab and it comes with scenarios for the route.

It is an expensive route yes, but when you think about how much it has taken for Just Trains to make the route and stock it becomes easier to understand why.

Hope you can get the issues sorted as its a very nice route to drive when its all working.