1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Why do the doors stay open for sooooo long at platforms? Lacking authenticity..
    Been meaning to say that ages ago

2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Do you mean that sometimes you have to wait a decade to depart, or do you mean that the train some train doors won't close after several seconds

3. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

Im talking about the the class 166’s, its like a minute or more the doors stay open between each station, in real life on that route, its max 30 seconds - if that.

once you arrive at a station, the doors shouldn’t be opened so long before we have to close them.

do you understand me?

4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I understand you. I can't say anything about this, only this is a pretty old route, so it can that the time not correct is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I don't think it's related to an old route, I've seen this on any route. The boarding times are always too long, and you can't hurry things up cause then the next task won't be initiated, which might finally lead to some weird behaviour.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The doors are programmed to stay open for set times for each route so it’s not a bug as such. The times on GWE are too long, which is a decision someone made when programming the route all those years ago. It was the first passenger route made and that’s one of the mistakes they made in my opinion. The time is one minute when it should be 30 seconds.

We’re stuck with it because in order to change it now, they would have to reprogram the whole timetable, every station stop for every service would need to have its door opening times changed. That’s many hundreds of changes, and then the knock on effect of the arrival times for every station getting earlier and earlier, messing all the timings up. It would basically need a whole new timetable doing and that’s not going to happen.

Newer routes have shorter times so they are not so bad.

7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Dont know the code but in principle it should be possible to only set a jump mark during boarding time. Respectively to set the interval from 60sec to 30sec. all other times and the associated activities remained unaffected.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If I understand what you mean correctly, just changing the boarding time from 60s to 30s would essentially give you an extra 30 seconds between all stops, as the departure times would remain the same in the timetable, and you may arrive early for every stop and still have to wait the full minute or longer, but would help out if you were running late as you could easily make up time with all those extra 30 secondses (?) to play with. The AI trains would always turn up early and wait for the same time as they do now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Railmaster

No! This is just a jump label in the code, all other time sequences remain unaffected!
    Depending on how the door sequence is programmed in the code, it should not be a problem to change that. But depending on the case, this has to be done individually for each service, which of course means a lot of work.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ha okay, I don’t understand what you mean by a jump label. If you mean that time jumps forwards 30 seconds while you are boarding, that will affect every other train currently on the route as you are not running your train in isolation, it is part of a real time timetable which constantly runs. If you don’t mean that, then I’m still baffled.

11. Railmaster

Boarding time is a variable that applies globally to all trains. Then nothing gets mixed up. And this variable can be changed, if necessary using such a jump-label in the code. But depending on how the code is designed, this is more or less complex but quite doable.

for example e.g

Boarding time is 60sec. Either you set the time to 30sec or use a jump label that jumps from 30 to 60 so that the actual process continues. It depends on the code whether and what can and must be edited there.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Problem is that what Stujoy said back there is correct. If you change the door routine to be shorter and the scenario or journey scripting doesn't allow for it then you would essentially be saying "The train can leave 30 seconds earlier at every station". So either everything would run fine or certain interactions would no longer be correct.
    Imagine a journey with ten stops (the tenth stop being final). If you reduced each stop by 30 seconds you would gain 9x30 on your trip, that's 270 seconds, four and a half minutes. This could be the difference between facing an adverse signal ahead or a clear one (either way).

• Like Like x 1