*new Teaser*

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 66050, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

June 9th is just for whatever it is, is being announced (not released). There's still plenty of time for the new DLC to show up in SteamDB...TSW2021 and its new route may not release until July/Aug

My prediction for the TSW2021 (PC) bundle:

CSX:HH
    GWE
    RRO
    East Coastway
    CNOS
    <New Route> - For Digital Deluxe Edtn

• Like Like x 6
  2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That's a very good point.

However, if it is the TSW2021 Deluxe edition route as was the case with Peninsula Corridor, that was announced one month before release. Depots get added roughly 3-4 weeks before release, so it is possible to see is AFTER the initial reveal.
    I've looked up the announcement for TSW 2020 from last year and it simply states "To bring you even more authentic railway experiences for one great price, we will have a Digital Deluxe Edition on offer that includes a brand-new west coast USA route! "

So my guess is this is going to be similar with TSW2021 unveiling and "brand new central UK route" (or anything else) will get revealed some days after to get two marketing hits rather than one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I get it but I still think that this is an actual release. I mean precise time for a teaser wouldn't make sense and it was always only on the last one (when there were multiple).

• Like Like x 2
  4. oscarvirgoe

oscarvirgoe Member

Dovetail just said that the editor will be accessable to PS4 and Xbox users, and along with other things, is the reason it is taking so long. However, this means that an editor is again on the table, as I ruled it out earlier, as the teaser was being shown on PS4 and Xbox loading screens, and I assumed the editor was going to be made only for PC.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well I have hopes it is some kind of update, as I feel like simply a new DLC would not get this kind of extra teaser. Whatever it is, if it's any kind of quality of life update or new feature, I'm happy with it.

• Like Like x 4
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The fact that someone from DTG has even mentioned the editor has to mean something, even if it’s not this announcement, it’s more than anyone has heard for a long long time.

The announcement has to be big because they want everyone to be there for it. Is there anything bigger than the editor in the thoughts of TSW players on PC? Now it is in the thoughts of console players too. That’s potentially a lot more people to disappoint if it doesn’t happen soon.

I think that the announcement is more than the release of TSW2021 because it is being promoted very heavily towards existing players, and they want us all to be there at the same time to witness it. If it isn’t something significant then that is an awful lot of people to gather for an immediate onslaught of “is that it?” A large gathering of people happy with an announcement would be a great boost for a company that might be feeling a bit on the ropes in terms of community satisfaction, and it would be a boost for everyone if there is something for both the community and company to celebrate together.

I hope I’m not reading too much into this.

• Like Like x 11
  7. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for editor, atleast if were able to make routes, locos, scenarios and set services for these locos and routes. Watch it be like a menu refresh. Lol. In all seriousness chances are it will be the announce of TSW 2021 alongside the editor, well have to wait and see, chances are its something, gamechanging seeing as they want everyone to be there for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Where have you seen this about the editor?, i personally think its a longer then normal route, think back to dmitri saying 'you will see why'

• Like Like x 2
  9. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/community-manager-reporting-for-duty.23002/#post-137467

I agree with you - I think that the announcement will be about the future release of TSW 2021 in July/August, and that the Editor is a very long way off.... maybe the Editor will be made for the PS5 (and use its superior tile-streaming capabilities) and then ported to XBox and PC when those platforms catch up. ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  10. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Don't have a clue....

Looked at the colour of the lettering....

Still don't have a clue....

• Like Like x 4
  11. TrainSim_Fan

PlasticPal The xbox two has a larger processor than the PS5 and higher resolution capabilities and larger storage space. ; - ) Your face is better than mine........who cares.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the same post also calls it a heavy work in progress- the way it was described didn't sound like it was coming anytime soon.

The announcement is IMO almost certainly just TSW2021. Maybe there's some surprise (like a longer route or steam or real improvements or something) as part of that, but otherwise, don't get your hopes up- you'll be disappointed.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TrainSim_Fan

My suggestion is expect nothing but hope for everything.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Plastic Pal

The announcement has to be either "big" or "anticipated". I think the Editor can be ruled out because Sam has now made it very clear that this is a WIP with a long way to go (including deployment to console). So... my guess is:

"big" - an annual release, such as TS2021 with a new flagship route and some new features (say, adhesion/wheelslip in various weather conditions) and/or a visual fix to things like motion blur

or

"anticipated" - introduction of steam engines on one or more routes (I have noticed that in the last few routes there have been some better use of particle effects in TSW...)

or

both of the above... ;-)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Plastic Pal

Oooh - you got there first with almost exactly the same set of ideas.... ! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  16. TrainSim_Fan

Both of the above would be nice I'm leaning more towards the new flagship route though to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

In fact, if TSW 2021 is being announced here, the next route might not be announced until July, then following up a release in August, like with TSW 2020, so it still has some time to make it to the steam database.

18. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

I have train sim world on Xbox one and it would be cool to have the London Waterloo to Portsmouth harbour line. I would love it if they added the Class 456 and Class 442 one. Hoping that they are going to have editor

• Like Like x 1
  19. MetrolinkF125#916

Ok, so at least we have confirmed the editor is coming to consoles, which may be why it’s taking a bit too long, they need to prepare it for pc, and then for consoles. Well at least I now know that I’ll be able to create routes and locos without spending a fortune on a PC.

• Like Like x 2
  20. organdavid960

organdavid960 Member

I've noticed as well on the console versions that they added things like edit overlays. I'm not even sure what that even means to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

They were talking about user created content being usable on consoles, not the editor itself.

Also I don't think that the editor will need that much resources other than a mountain of RAM. This of course depends on what you are doing and what you are working with.

edit: The livestream shows 2 GB for editing and 13 GB for playing in editor so I think that most computers should be fine or at least upgradable (to 16 GB).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. MetrolinkF125#916

Well I saw that he said “Oh, and the final requirement is that console players must also be able to use it. It's important to us that those playing on PlayStation or Xbox aren't treated as second class citizens.” so that lead to me thinking that the console community will also get access to the editor, since he states we “must also be able to use it, so that means we (console players) will (most likely) get full access to the editor as well.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Plastic Pal

I think you are right - this is exactly what was meant. Apart from anything else, the console market is..... by far..... the larger market for TSW, so it would be potentially unwise to annoy the market just as the next gen consoles are rolling out.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MetrolinkF125#916

Yes exactly as the next gen consoles are coming, that is both one positive and a negative for the editor. One, the more powerful consoles (ps5 and Xbox series x) will have a lot more processing power than the current gen, so they’ll handle the editor as smoothly as a PC. The other thing is I think DTG will have to work on the editor for those specific consoles instead of the current ones since the ones we have rn might not have the power to run it (at least for those who own a ps4 or Xbox one s, not the ps4 pro or Xbox one x), which could potentially delay the editor.

25. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Thank god editor is going to be for console I mean if editor is on pc only then why have tsw for console like really

• Like Like x 2
  26. MetrolinkF125#916

Also, if the editor has a specific list of specs necessary to run it, then it would most likely be limited to the better consoles we have right now (ps4 pro/Xbox one x) or the next gen ones (ps5/5 pro, Xbox series x, if there’s a “pro” or “plus” version of it) since I don’t think the more budget friendly consoles will be able to run the editor (at least the current generation), so it might just be limited to the more powerful ones.

27. Plastic Pal

***spoiler alert***

After a bit of digging.... some...um....colleagues.... um.... people that I might know.... um....errr.... well.... let's just say that a truck passed them on the road.... and... well.... a piece of paper... um... floated out from the "back of the lorry"... and well... it had some text on it... which reads......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PRESS RELEASE: UNDER EMBARGO UNTIL 4.00PM BST 09 JUNE 2020
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dovetail Games invites you to experience the third title in their epic series of railway simulation software, entitled "Train World Railfan 2021" ("TWR 2021"). In this interesting and soon to become iconic title, you can experience the thrills and spills of life as a Railfan, or trainspotter, in many exotic locations around the world. Your exciting career will begin at the end of Platform 2 at Doncaster station in the United Kingdom, where you will be able to see an extensive variety of passenger and freight trains, each with clearly labelled numbers for you to note down. Will you be able to catch them all first time, as you chomp on your sausage sandwich.... or will a stray Class 66 pass you by, and then elude your observation for many months or years to come....?

When you have collected enough numbers, you will be able to exchange them for a flight to Dusseldorf, where an airport express train awaits to take you to the historic and enchanted city of Cologne. When you get to Cologne, you can shield yourself from the baking sun by standing in the shadows cast by the magnificent double-towered cathedral just outside the station.... grab a simulated Bratwurst.... and then get jotting away as ICE expresses whistle past your ears.

Stand on platforms all around the world. Visit Rome, and enjoy fantastic salami as you add numbers to your virtual notebook. Then it's time to Hot Dog it to New York, chorizo your way to Madrid and chew down on your Biltong in Bloemfontein, as hundreds of iron ore trucks trundle past you, filling your notebook with numbers that you will never forget.....! All this and more... will be yours to experience with Train World Railfan 2021.

Train World Railfan 2021 releases for sale on Friday 12th June 2020, and will be available on PC, XBox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

PLEASE NOTE: This game is suitable for vegetarians, as all meat consumed is virtual in nature. The trains, however, are so real, that you could almost touch them....!

• Like Like x 3
  28. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

To bad I really like meat nice joke thought

• Like Like x 5
  29. MetrolinkF125#916

Haha, lol if DTG ever really does release something like this I’ll bet even more ppl will be disappointed at them since they can’t drive the trains! XD :D

• Like Like x 2
  30. Very creative, but let's debunk this before anyone gets too hyped. The announcement will be made on trainsimworld.com, and not trainworldrailfan.com. Also, for a game all about driving trains, I don't see how dtg would want to advertise the Railfan aspect of it above everything.

Companies will extremely rarely change the names of their games, as that would mean that all popularity achieved by the previous name (such as appearing higher in the google search rankings), would become useless.

Also, a game all about trainspotting would require an extremely high number of services, and the Nintendo Switch is incapable of even running the base game.

I don't know if this is some kind of joke I am not getting, but hyping people like that is not a very nice thing to do, and the first half of this "piece of paper" looks completely believeable to me, so please never do this again, thank you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

My take on it is that you don't necessarily need the actual editing tools to be on the console to be able to play created content. Once the scenarios, locos, liveries etc have been created and shared (on steam workshop I am guessing); it's just a matter of bringing across that content to the PSN and XBL environments. If this isnt possible, this may create 3 split communities of user generated content...i'd say DTG are trying to figure out ways around that. (One of their many challenges)....however, from Sam's post; it is obvious they want the tools to be available in some form on the consoles as well.....

Obviously there is also going to be major UI changes made to support created content on all platforms.

Honestly, I don't think the editor is anywhere close to being made available to the public.....Sam's post indicates we should try to put it in the back of our minds and focus on other things. I think there are many here on the forums who did this a long time ago (inc myself)

As a personal wishlist....I am more keen to see things such as Steam locos and dynamic weather being added to the game (Wouldn't this be lovely to see both added in the TSW 2021 refresh?)

• Like Like x 1
  32. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I agree with you & I just want to have editor & that's all

• Like Like x 2
  33. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

No but really guy's they should have editor or something we care about instead of announcing tsw 2021 or a new route that's why there is articles.We have been waiting on multiplayer,editor,route expansion & steam loco's if they announce anything that people don't care about then many people will get mad!!!

• Like Like x 2
  34. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Could it just be about the class 20 coming?

• Like Like x 1
  35. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

I swear if it is i'll get very very mad

• Like Like x 5
  36. TrainSim_Fan

Guys, let's clarify the editor is not coming yet. Sam/Colonel Failure has said it's a strong work in progress.

• Like Like x 4
  37. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Class 20 already has a release date of june 18th,

• Like Like x 3
  38. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

No, because they've already announced it.

Why would they do an announcement for the 20 with a release date and then do a second "big secret hyped" announcement?

• Like Like x 3
  39. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Ťsw2021+new uk route

• Like Like x 6
  40. Plastic Pal

Yes - I think you have now thoroughly debunked the idea of Train World Railfan 2021.... through logical deduction......!!! Maybe it was a decoy designed to send everyone down a false trail.....? It's a shame, as I quite liked the idea of a trans-global meat feast coupled with trainspotting. Maybe splash some beer in there as well, and a few circus entertainers..... and I think it would have been my personal heaven.... ;-)

That means that we still don't know what will happen on Tuesday......! How will people be able to cope with another 50+ hours of anticipation.....!?

Or.... or.... or... maybe..... when 4.00pm BST comes around on 9 June........ the link to trainsimworld.com will suddenly re-direct to trainworldrailfan.com.

*fingers crossed* - Ich liebe Bratwurst in Köln.....!

• Like Like x 4
  41. Well, I dont like the idea less than anyone else here, but it seems like we'll have to do with real meat. In fact I think I'm going to get some chorizo from the kitchen right now.

• Like Like x 2
  42. The style in which the document is written is extremely similar to your own style of writting, and as I said last time, the idea of TSW going to Nintendo Switch is ridiculous.

If you meant to say that TWR is a completely different game to TSW, I might even believe you, but I honestly don't see how DTG would think that creating another completely new game would make sense at this point in time.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

The flags idea with Denmark/Sweden is a good one!

However, the blue/yellow, first thing I thought of (truthfully) was a SE Class 375 blue, with yellow first class stripe!

Now,I’m thinking, Intercity 125 in BR Blue/Grey + new route, and a section of the ECML?

• Like Like x 2
  44. TrainSim_Fan

The colours are similar to that of Southwestern Trains and the NSE livery.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Plastic Pal

I know - it's uncanny..! It is almost like I wrote the Press Release.... then it got stolen from my desk... and then it got dumped on the back of a lorry... and then found itself back into my hands after falling off the back of the lorry... but I don't remember writing it because I am really Jason Bourne and my memory has been wiped! Amazing coincidence.... But.... it is possible....... ;-)

This is exactly what they did with Fish Training World and Euro Fish Training..... They have just created another new fish training simulation called "The Catch".... oooh....

ooooh.... hang on.... one second....

.....maybe.... maybe.... that will be the real name for Train World Railfan 2021.... not "The Catch" obviously.... how about.... "The Watch".... because it is all about Watching trains.... ooohh.... I think we're getting warmer....

The Watch..... 2021....

It has a certain ring to it....! ;-)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  46. TrainSim_Fan

You would be good doing teleshopping, or marketing perhaps.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Plastic Pal

Yeah maybe.... but as an aside..... did you know.....

.....they were going to call the new "The Catch" fish training simulator something like "The Catch 2021".... but then they realised that a year later it would become "The Catch 2022" or..... "Catch 22", but..... they didn't like either of these options....., so they settled for "The Catch".

Catchy, eh?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  48. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

It is DTG afterall, Im expecting nothing spectacular, its probably tsw2021 with a new menu, couple more weather features....and a new route, 10% discount if you already own the game for the new route.

What confused me is somebody asked in the stream yesterday to matt:
    'can we have longer routes? are you not able to extend a current route?'
    Matt:
    'Yes we can extend current routes, but we dont want to do that because we wouldnt be able to sell (part 2) as a route on its own, you would have to have part 1 in order to use part 2.

I then said:
    'Well isnt that good for us both? you make more money as people buy two routes, or a bundle, and we get our longer routes we wanted?'

Matt:
    'It doesnt work like that Ian'

me: 'how come? it makes sense financially and commercially to customers'
    Matt: *blocked from stream*

So same old same old, they could do lots, but too much time and effort. I will tune in for 5mins for this BIG reveal, however Im not expecting anything more than a 'new look' as they do every year, that journey mode was supposed to be a big new feature.....its pants. If they actually made it realistic like when you go on it asks you how long you have to drive for, choose a route a weather and time, then however long you enter the game it generates a shift for you, so you drive somewhere then it may tell you to change over and switch to this train etc etc not just services plucked out the air all.different times of day and weather......how is that blended together as a journey? I give up.

• Like Like x 4
  49. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, the journey mode was probably the most useless feature to ever make. I can't even understand why they though it would be a good idea to spend time and resources on creating it. It's literally just a list of random services with different weather settings, with said weather settings sometimes not even making sense. One of the services in the LIRR M3 journey has the weather set to a snow storm but with 100% CLEAR SKIES.

Whatever they will be announcing, I'm just hoping it's more than a simple re-naming with different colored menus and useless features like the journey mode.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Plastic Pal

О, нет! Моя маскировка раскрыта.....!