Euro Fishing Beginner Boss Fish

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Nuttyslack25, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Nuttyslack25

Nuttyslack25 New Member

Hi been playing couple days started upgrading my tackle on the carp side of things 18mm boilles size 8 hooks 12lb line but still no boss carp out of the observatory is there any tactics that can help or is it because I'm playing free mode. Also are boss fish seen in the pond for u to cast to or are they the fish that jump out the water any tips or help would be grateful

2. Benn

Benn Member

Wait for the fixed update mate...I've not caught a fish since this update and I consider myself a bit of a pro on this game, I've only got a handful of boss fish to catch but again that's before this new update...

3. Tia

Tia New Member

Hi Nuttyslack,

Let me see if I can help a little bit.
    ( Are you actually playing on Xbox one? )
    If so - how?
    Anyway, that aside, though it's been a while since I've had a look, i'm pretty sure the largest bollies are 15 mm. - but ok...
    For Boss Carp, try at least a size 6 hook, and go for the 18 mm. dumbbells and/or the Tigernut(s) as soon as you're able.
    I don't know how anyone else does it, but what works for me, is I throw my bait out as far as I can go pretty much, and let it rest for up to four minutes. If I don't get a bite in that time, I reel it in and repeat; it almost never takes four minutes to get a carp ( or catfish, if you're fishing in the lake ).
    No, it's not because you're in free mode. I've never done anything else, and I have landed tons of Boss Carp (& catfish).
    No, I don't believe you'll ever see a boss carp unless it's in your net; nor will you likely see them jump - they keep a pretty low profile.
    You never know where they are, so just keep fishing! ;)
    I hope this helps a little bit -- good luck, I hope you land a whopper!

Kind regards,
    Tia

4. Benn

Benn Member

I've seen a boss fish jump...and the biggest boilie on the game is an 18mm

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tia

Tia New Member

You've seen a boss fish jump?
    Did you know which one it was when you saw it?
    That would be pretty cool!
    All I can say is, I have never seen one jump...
    All those I've seen jump, have been estimated in the teen to 20lbs. range (or smaller) ...

As for the 18 mm. Bollie - I take your word for it. As I say, it's been a while since I've even loaded EF, and I don't have the heart to do it anymore until we have it fixed.

6. Nuttyslack25

Nuttyslack25 New Member

Since changing my line to 12lb to 10lb losing 4 out of 5 fish but getting bigger fish with the 18mm boilies I'm new to the game never played it before this update iv heard about so gather I wudnt be losing that much fish constantly bein snapped. Iv seen in a thread somebody talking about seein boss fish not hooked swimming so I presumed it was these jumping fish they seem bigger Xbox aswell

7. Benn

Benn Member

I've seen a few in digger lakes, baby m jumps in the middle of the water, it's just chance seeing them...sometimes you hear them turn round but see nothing, it really is by luck you see them

8. Nuttyslack25

Nuttyslack25 New Member

Can any of you tell me when u catch a boss fish so u see it while playing it or just after its landed most vids Iv seen of them caught you never see it till landed

9. Tia

Tia New Member

Yes, you definitely see a Boss Carp or Catfish when playing them.
    Most-often I'll see the back of a Carp breaking surface, or the whole fish if it gets close enough in clear water; you first see the tail of a Boss Catfish - but again, the whole fish if near enough in clear water.

I leave to others to address the cases of Roach, Tench & Bream ...
    I don't fish for the latter types and have no idea re: the Bosses....