Peterborough To Cambridge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by richardf1fan, Jun 8, 2020.

1. richardf1fan

richardf1fan New Member

Like to see Peterborough to Cambridge (80s) route, taking in whitemoor yards & March tmd. Locos for this route; class 08, 20, 25, 31, 37, 40, 45 ,47, 56 & class101, 105
    Plenty of scope for freight & passenger traffic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Route length??????? Pictures??????? More detail??????? Too many trains?????? Repeat of the 101 again, why??????? 80's again, why??????? I did a poll most people want a modern british route?????? Rasons the route would be suitable?????? Why you like route, nostalgia???????

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If somebody wants to request an 80s British route then that it’s up to them, and if the Class 101 ran on that route then it’s the correct train to suggest for it. If a route is made where a lot of trains can be used, then that is a good thing, as people like that about the German routes, and have been asking for the same kind of thing with the British routes. This is also the OP’s first post on the forum and your reply reads in quite an argumentative way. A better way might be to politely suggest that the OP adds some more information and pictures to ensure the suggestion stands out in the large number of suggestions posted each week, and you could do that with a lot fewer question marks. Your little poll means nothing in the large scheme of things and has no place being brought up in somebody’s route suggestion.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TrainSim_Fan

In case you were unable to work out, that was my opinion there entitled to there opinion and so are you. But no one can decided if they do or dont like a route without information. If you have an issue with my opinion, quite frankly I dont care.

5. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

If it was an opinion why all the question marks? As Stujoy rightly says it reads very aggressively, more teenage rant than adult discussion. And yes, we'd all in an ideal world, prefer some detail to flesh out the suggestion but there are ways of asking for that that don't make you sound like a Kevin & Perry sketch.
    As a well known member you should look to encourage and help new members here rather than antagonise them at their first attempt.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TrainSim_Fan

It wasn't intend as aggressive, if it came across in that way, then I apologise. It terms of the question Mark's I was asking if you agreed with my opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. richardf1fan

richardf1fan New Member

As this was my first post on here , I didn't know what I needed to say about the route I proposed. The route is about hours run, would take in stations at Peterborough, Whittlesey, March ,Manea, Ely, Waterbeach and Cambridge and is around 45 miles approx. Which could be extended with branch lines to Kings Lynn, Norwich, Ipswich and even London Liverpool Street or Kings Cross . If you included Whitemoor yards this would give more scope for fright trains with yards also at Peterborough , Ely and Cambridge.
    With TMD at March and Coldham Lane Depot (Mainly DMU depot and coaches) at Cambridge there would be plenty of scope for Scenarios.
    Sorry if I upset anyone with my first post, not giving much detail.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TrainSim_Fan

No problem about the this being your first post. The route looks nice although personally I would want the pacer, it has run on this route in real life. Scenery is diverse, would make a nice addition to the sim I would say. So you know for your next post, include a bit more detail when it comes to suggestions. If it's not a suggestion though then no detail is needed (it helps though). Apologises if I made you feel unwelcome, have a nice rest of your day.

• Like Like x 3